Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Show and Tell Gallery

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-25-2005, 03:25 PM   #1

1999 Tripple Black 986

I've never posted pics of my car so I thought now would be a better time than any. These pics aren't the best (since I dropped my PocketPC right before I took the pics) but they will give you an idea. I will try to take some film pics and scan them as soon as it gets nice out again.

tqtran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2005, 03:28 PM   #2

Talking

Nice! Thanks for posting.
Brucelee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2005, 05:32 PM   #3

Did you put those black headlight surrounds on there yourself, or buy it this way? I too have a 3xblack 97, and thought of doing it to cover up some of the burned plastic from a previous owner's buffer (grrr!) as well as hiding some of the orange in the lenses.

They look nice on your/my color boxster! If you did put them on, was it hard or tedious? How well do they stay in place?
RandallNeighbour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2005, 07:35 PM   #4

I had them painted and them I put the 3M clear protectant on them to prevent chipping. I think the little bit of amber in the smaller circle actually looks like it goes with the car rather than have a second clear circle, which is why I decided to have my amber headlights painted instead of all clears. Has that slight 993 resemblance, you know, big oval headlight and small amber turn signal.
All done in under $100, thats more than half the price of unpainted Strosec headlight covers. I did have someone try it out with black vinyl at first but there was too many strech marks and air bubbles....then I went the painted way.
tqtran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2005, 04:48 AM   #5

Take a closeup of your headlamp mods. It's nice to see a new idea. Good one.

jim

wetstuff is offline   Reply With Quote