Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Show and Tell Gallery

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-09-2009, 11:47 AM   #1

2000 Boxster on 19"s

Hi Guys! Share me some ideas on my vehicle! Thanks!

Old 10-11-2009, 08:20 PM   #2

Looks good .....no spacers needed here I guess???

How is your ride quality? A portion of spring rate is in the tire you run...
jaykay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 03:36 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaykay
Looks good .....no spacers needed here I guess???

How is your ride quality? A portion of spring rate is in the tire you run...

Actually they are direct bolt on but I put additional 13mm spacer for the rear to give that aggresive look. Ride quality, I like the 19's, it ride's better now compared to, when I had my 18's on it. Yap I'm also planning to purchase some springs to take off that gap in between the tire and the fender. Thanks!
Old 10-14-2009, 04:58 PM   #4

easy way to make it look better -

clear your headlights, side markers, and rear tails.
Paint your bumperettes

car will look 10x better. all the above (except the headlights) are relatively cheap. the side markers are like $25 or something. the tails are around $250. you can paint your own bumperettes by getting a paint kit for under $100, or go to bumperplugs.com and get a professionally done set for around $300.

the lights are $500 for halognes and over $1000 for litronics..those are used/ebay prices. I've done all the above except the headlights... and in my opnion, these few upgrades, done to an older 986, makes them looks a LOT newer and more modern. you get a cleaner look.

the bumperetts will look great on your car - as the black bumperettes really stand out on a lighter colored car like yours. i'd do that first!

wheels look good.
2006 RL - My daily driver
2000 Boxster - Ocean Blue Base 5spd on Black Full leather. 18" wheels and M030.

Boxster mods I've added: Rear speaker kit, Painted Calipers, Painted Bumperettes, Painted Center Console, 987 Shifter Assembly, 3 Spoke Steering Wheel, Clear side markers, 03+ rear lights, de-snorkeled.
23109VC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 11:15 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23109VC
easy way to make it look better -

clear your headlights, side markers, and rear tails.
Paint your bumperettes

car will look 10x better. all the above (except the headlights) are relatively cheap. the side markers are like $25 or something. the tails are around $250. you can paint your own bumperettes by getting a paint kit for under $100, or go to bumperplugs.com and get a professionally done set for around $300.

the lights are $500 for halognes and over $1000 for litronics..those are used/ebay prices. I've done all the above except the headlights... and in my opnion, these few upgrades, done to an older 986, makes them looks a LOT newer and more modern. you get a cleaner look.

the bumperetts will look great on your car - as the black bumperettes really stand out on a lighter colored car like yours. i'd do that first!

wheels look good.

Thanks for the advice!
Old 10-24-2009, 01:33 PM   #6

Nice ride! All I would do is drop it. I think the H&R springs that came on my car are the lowest you can go, like 1.5" or so. Those 19's would look awesome sucked under the fenders a bit. Sure you can do all the light mods etc but stance is most important and goes a long way towards making your car a head turner.

NTAPHSE is offline   Reply With Quote