Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Show and Tell Gallery

View Poll Results: Thoughts??
Good work bro,coming along nicely 18 60.00%
Damn bro,waste of a nice porsche 12 40.00%
Voters: 30. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-26-2009, 07:56 AM   #21

Couple of thoughts

I really like what you did with your car. The only things I would do differently would be keeping the entire headlight assembly, side markers and taillights unpainted. So that you have some contrasting gloss kinda like the wheels against the matte black body of your car. Just my 1 cent! Great job though nonetheless

Happy Thanksgiving everybody.

trieullionaire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2009, 09:54 AM   #22

Turn signals?

Love the look and think chrome wheels would look just the berries on the car. I have a question about the headlights that look like they have been painted the same color as the car. How does your turn signals work? By the looks of things you are totally illegal as I don't see how a signal could be visible through the paint. Please clue me in.

AKL
'02, Arctic Silver/Graphite Gray, 2.7, TIP, 2nd cat delete, Charlie Chan muffler,de-ambered, Braille Battery, clear tailights, painted bumperettes, clear third brake light, M030 sway bars, F shock tower braces, clear rear deck, '03 side vents. 15mm spacers fore & aft.
Allen K. Littlefield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2009, 10:34 AM   #23

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by trieullionaire
Hey I just saw this one on Oracal's website for the "alternative" to paint:

http://www.oracal.com/news/feature-stories-selected.asp?fsID=11

These films are pretty amazing. Anyhow, that matte black is really starting to grow on me. I'm thinking my wheels either in that or gun powder style.

so this company if you sign up on their website will send you some samples of their product i have some transparent red and that same film pictured in red coming my way... so ill let you know how it goes. im going to see if i can use the transparent film to turn my stock rear lights into red-outs... im not sure if it will work the way i want but hey its a free sample so might as well give it a shot. and if it works i got some good projects in mind!
Lobo1186 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2009, 11:39 PM   #24

front trunk has... well....

Very funny.

Kirk "MB SLK350. We've test driven one and looked them over pretty carefully. They're a retractable hard top. When you put the top down you get almost ZERO room in the rear trunk and the front trunk has... well.... an engine in it!"

Rapid motion through space elates one; so does notoriety; so does the possession of money.
pierre shags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 05:08 AM   #25

I give you props for trying something different, especially with a silver Boxster, lord knows there are enough of them on the road.

The more I look at the pics the more it grows on me. The main issue I see is that the wheels and tires are not aggressive enough to match the styling of the car. I would upgrade to larger 18' wheels at a later date and then I think you will have a very nice unique car. If you want to stick with the wheels you have then I would lower the car to give it a more aggressive look.

Just my $-.02
Old 12-01-2009, 08:50 AM   #26

Love it,

Especially the lights!!

Growing up the car magazines said how amazing Porsches are. Was I brainwashed? Somehow...I doubt it.

http://www.pcars.us/albums/10641_porsche_cars.jpg
Gary in BR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 09:45 AM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by trieullionaire
Hey I just saw this one on Oracal's website for the "alternative" to paint:

http://www.oracal.com/news/feature-stories-selected.asp?fsID=11
Oracal is ok. We use it for the graphics on our company vehicles. It is not the easiest easy to work with, especially in large sheets. The 3M product line is (of course more expensive) a little more user friendly. All of this vinyl is a PIA to remove if it has been out in the sun for just a few months.

Orlando - 99 BMW M Coupe (autocross toy), '11 Mazdaspeed 3 (dog hauler), '99 10AE Miata (the new daily driver)
kabel is offline   Reply With Quote