Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Show and Tell Gallery

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-13-2009, 03:56 PM   #1

Took some pics of the Box S during my visit home

As the title says, I was back home on vacation for a week and took advantage of California's awesome weather to take a few photos of the Box S.

Pics can be found on my flickr:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/9427400@N05/sets/72157613224634153/

I was thinking about selling the Box, but after this time back I think its definitely worth keeping, even if I only drive it 3-4 times a year!

- Richard

ctkrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 07:09 PM   #2

Great Pics!! I love those sideskirts and front bumper. Where did you get them?
BeachBum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 06:45 AM   #3

I believe they are from porsche's aero kit II.

I really want to pick up a newer rear bumper with the rear diffusers by the exhaust tips, but am afraid it might be a little overkill with the rear spoiler.....any thoughts?

- Richard
Old 07-14-2009, 08:46 AM   #4

I've got the add-on rear diffusers on my factory bumper and I think it really makes the back end look a lot better.

The factory bumpers make my car look like an unattractive fat chick wearing a mini skirt. I do not want to see that much of the muffler, thank you very much.

They fixed it on newer models, but the 97-2000 or so models just don't have a rear bumper that goes low enough for me.
RandallNeighbour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 09:20 AM   #5

I completely agree, but if you take a look at my album you'll notice that I have the aero kit II's wing on my car. I'm just worried that it may make my car look too "busy" in the back. I've been eyeing the rear bumper for some time now. My car's an 01'. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think it is 03' and on that have the rear diffuser as part of their bumper.

Anyways, I'm really digging the rear bumper, just not sure if it will work with my set up.

- Richard
Old 07-17-2009, 08:11 PM   #6

Smile

your kit is absolutely insane my friend,

i love the hard top, the side skirts and the front end. the spoiler isn't too big neither then too cheap-looking spoiler... black boxster with clear headlights= perfection ( my opinion!!! )

keep all the good work!!

ps: i stole one of your flicker pics for my cell wallpaper. hope you don't mind ... 3 years and i'll have MY boxster on my wallpaper haha

-fred
frdgrnn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 09:37 PM   #7

Rider, nice looking car. Is that a GHL exhaust? I like how the tips point up slightly ala Lambo Diablo.
Adam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2009, 08:43 PM   #8

Fred-

Thank you for the warm words. I think my set up is one of the more subtle boxsters on this site. There are some really nice ones, subtle and aggressive. I'm glad to hear that you have 3 year plan to build your car...appreciate every moment of it!

Adam-

Yes it is the GHL exhaust, if you think it looks like the lambo's tips, wait til' you hear it. It's the nicest sounding exhaust I've heard on a boxster. I don't think I've heard a really good sound clip of it on full throttle. Trust me when I say hearing it on a sound clip and hearing it in person is very different. Makes the Boxster sound almost like an exotic!