Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Show and Tell Gallery

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-25-2009, 11:14 AM   #1

Drove a Supercharged Z06 (pics)

Hey guys just wanted to share some pics of this 2002 Z06 I drove. :dance: My boss let me borrow it for a couple days and I must say it was fun as hell! This thing is a roller coaster with wheels! 575 hp! The acceleration is brutal! 1st gear is wheelspin city, 2nd gear is still smokes the wide PS2 michelin tires, 3rd gear they sometimes break loose then you just ride the wave of power and torque after that. I'm afraid of driving the boxster now for fear I will think it's dragging an anchor. Definately different than the boxster in handling, feel, everything. I might just have to add another car to the stable some day down the road.

Adam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 01:25 PM   #2
ddb
www.klisstle.com

Garage
A friend had a similar car. By far the fastest car I've been in. I believe his had a Procharger supercharger. What type is on that ZO6? I would be content with the stock 405 horsepower!

ddb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 01:33 PM   #3
bmussatti

I bet you could walk into a Chevy dealership, with cash-in-hand and get an awesome deal on a new 2008 or 2009 Vette.
Old 03-25-2009, 05:40 PM   #4

DDB, yeah they are very similar! You would think 405 hp would be more than sufficient, but then you have the guys that can never get enough and the means to get to that kind of power level. The supercharger on this one is the Magnason Magnacharger. It works a little differently than the procharger, but these are the two most popular out there for the vettes. One thing with the magnacharger is you have to have a high rise hood with it, where as the procharger sits off to the side lower so you can use the stock hood.

Bmussatti, yeah I'm sure they would probably be willing to wheel and deal on price right now. There is a optioned up 09 coupe down the road from me I spun in and looked at after hours. The sticker was about 60k! I wonder what they would let it out the door for? I'd rather pick up an older C5 for a 3rd of that and soup it up myself with heads/cams ect ect and beat around town with that.
Old 03-28-2009, 06:07 AM   #5

Few more pics from the other day.

Old 03-31-2009, 10:40 PM   #6

Is it just me or are those rotors smaller than the Box's?
Either way, awesome car! I bet you could never get used to acceleration like that!
Lordblood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 07:35 AM   #7

The pic shown was of the rear of the Z06, the fronts are bigger. It had stock calipers with aftermarket drilled/slotted rotors. They stopped well, but they were a bit grabby. Yeah and the acceleration and torque was just awesome! The boxster feels like a 3 cylinder geo metro when I punch the gas now. The car kills the rear 295/35 PS2 tires, it definately needs something stickier. Tires can spin until about 65-70 mph. A couple times I just floored it at 70 mph in 3rd gear and the rear end broke loose. I showed a mustang gt and a Z28 camaro how the big boys do it. The camaro guy loved the car.

Last edited by Adam; 04-01-2009 at 08:04 AM.