Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Show and Tell Gallery

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-18-2008, 06:04 AM   #1

Just fitted my Zeintop

I won't go into loads of details of the fitting at the minute - I'm shattered and off for a nice hot bath!

But I thought I'd share a few pics, as I hadn't seen many pics bouncing around of a silver one:-

Chippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 06:20 AM   #2

Garage
Looks nice

I have seen Zeintops before and thought they looked a bit "clunkey" but I must say it looks very smooth and gives your car a new look.
Cool
Christian H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 06:29 AM   #3

It looks very nice.

I have a few questions in mind that I hope you can answer. How long did you spend adjusting the windows/panels in order to make it fit perfect? After this is done, is it pretty easy to take the zeintop out and start using the softtop again? Do you see yourself going through this process between every winter/summer?
ekam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 07:02 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ekam
It looks very nice.

I have a few questions in mind that I hope you can answer. How long did you spend adjusting the windows/panels in order to make it fit perfect? After this is done, is it pretty easy to take the zeintop out and start using the softtop again? Do you see yourself going through this process between every winter/summer?
Not actually that long. Nothing is really tightened up at first (apart from the spinlocks to car and centre catch), you wait till until everything is fitted, in fact a bit looser than finger tight is ideal.

You can then easily push the top side to side to get the top's shutlines correct and then tighten the bolts holding the spinlocks to the top, you get then loosen off the hatch hinge brackets where they attach to the top (not the hatch), and then slide the top down to get the shutline right along the top of the spoiler. I didnt find that I needed to adjust the D ring.

At the moment the glass seems to be making a good tight seal, so I haven't tried to adjust that yet, but that's an easy two bolts either side under the door. I'll wait for some rain and go and sit in it and see if there's anything coming in. Vertically the windows are fine.

I o need an extra shim or two on the drivers side spinlock, but have used all that were enclosed (4 each side), so might have to do with a couple of washers for now, as I can't quite get the spinlock that side to lock down fully.
Old 11-18-2008, 07:08 AM   #5

Great!
More pics pls.
How about the noise level inside?
spongebob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 07:17 AM   #6

I haven't really got any other pics of interest, this is a slightly different angle.

It is much quieter than the softtop, I have a noisy exhaust and could hardly hear it!

Old 11-18-2008, 06:23 PM   #7

I think your new top looks fantastic. Its amazing how it changes the entire look of the car... Really nice job on alignment too.

I'd sure be in for one but its just too pricey for me. Should the price drop by half, I'd go for one.
past: 2010 Boxster S
turbo23dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 10:39 PM   #8

To be honest it really is a quality piece of kit, immaculately made and I can see why they are so expensive, however I was in the same boat in that there was no way I could have afforded to pay full price for it.

I was lucky enough to have asked for a quote in June but didn't take up the offer (20%) at the time. They then revised their website and offered the first 5 people 35% off, and the rest is history as they say! I paid up and 4 months later it finally arrived. Although it's been a long, sometimes painful, time, I must say it has been worth it.

The best advice I can give someone that's interested in buying one, is to speak to Zeintec and dont be afraid to haggle on the price. In the current financial climate you may very well end up getting a good deal!

Old 11-19-2008, 04:30 AM   #9

A few updated pics. Decided to fit the wing, but not a fan of it I must say, as I think it spoils the lines of the boot, so off it comes and onto ebay!

Old 11-19-2008, 04:50 AM   #10

I'm saving those pics on my computer for reference later.

Did the top come painted or did you get it painted after?

Do you have M030 suspension on the car? And are those 18" BBS wheels?
ekam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 05:25 AM   #11
Schatten-Baum-Mechaniker

I like your seats.

are those a Porsche option, or did you have them custom made?
What is the center section?
tommy986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 06:08 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommy986
I like your seats.

are those a Porsche option, or did you have them custom made?
What is the center section?

I have the top sprayed when it was made, by Zeintec.

As far as I now, it's the standard boxster suspension whatever that is! Haven;t done anything in that department.

Yeah, they're BBS RS-GT's in 18" with Bridgestone Potenza RE-01R's.

The seats are the standard porsche boxster seats. The centre section on the base and the seat back is alcantara /suede stuff. Nice and grippy!
Old 11-19-2008, 02:57 PM   #13

hey chippy, nice ride man.. looks heaps similar to mine in regards to rims etc...

im also considering getting one of the zeintops, i emailed the guy asking for a quote, and he said he would match ur offer of 35% if i could identify you... not sure what he wants maybe just a first name.. anyway if you could help me out it would be much appreciated.

cheers
986888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 03:13 PM   #14
Porscheectomy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ekam
I'm saving those pics on my computer for reference later.

Did the top come painted or did you get it painted after?

Do you have M030 suspension on the car? And are those 18" BBS wheels?
All RoW cars are lower than North American cars by 20mm in the front and 10mm in back. So whether Chippy's got the M030 or the standard suspension, it's lower than what we get here.

Last edited by blue2000s; 11-20-2008 at 04:24 AM.
blue2000s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 06:47 PM   #15
Dai

Congratulations on your new top. I just also installed my Zeintop on my Seal Gray Boxster S just in time for winter usage. I haven't taken any photos yet so stay tune. I had such a difficult time installing the top but with much effort I managed to installed the top. The passenger side spin lock you're having trouble could be fix if you take the rubber out of the latch and just shave off a little bit in order the latch locked into the spin lock. I have to do this to both side because the latch would not locked in. I also install some rubber seal to the hatch back side so that it is air tight to the car when you closed the top down. I also wedge some rubber seal to the side underneath the side window because I don't like the gap that is there. All and all, I really like the Zeintop and it really transformed the car. The car is quieter than soft top but not by much. I will be rigging a pulley system so that I could just hoist the entire top to the garage ceiling for summer storage. I think the future installation would be much easier and quicker than the initial first time. It took me total of 6 hours with another person helping me. Anyone in Calgary would like to see this Zeintop, feel free to contact me at DH930@shaw.ca and I would be glad showing it to you.

Dai is offline   Reply With Quote