View Single Post
Old 11-18-2008, 07:02 AM   #4
Chippy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ekam
It looks very nice.

I have a few questions in mind that I hope you can answer. How long did you spend adjusting the windows/panels in order to make it fit perfect? After this is done, is it pretty easy to take the zeintop out and start using the softtop again? Do you see yourself going through this process between every winter/summer?
Not actually that long. Nothing is really tightened up at first (apart from the spinlocks to car and centre catch), you wait till until everything is fitted, in fact a bit looser than finger tight is ideal.

You can then easily push the top side to side to get the top's shutlines correct and then tighten the bolts holding the spinlocks to the top, you get then loosen off the hatch hinge brackets where they attach to the top (not the hatch), and then slide the top down to get the shutline right along the top of the spoiler. I didnt find that I needed to adjust the D ring.

At the moment the glass seems to be making a good tight seal, so I haven't tried to adjust that yet, but that's an easy two bolts either side under the door. I'll wait for some rain and go and sit in it and see if there's anything coming in. Vertically the windows are fine.

I o need an extra shim or two on the drivers side spinlock, but have used all that were enclosed (4 each side), so might have to do with a couple of washers for now, as I can't quite get the spinlock that side to lock down fully.
Chippy is offline   Reply With Quote