Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Show and Tell Gallery

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-13-2008, 08:34 AM   #1

Help! I need a UK interior shot of the floor board.

Hi all,

Does anyone have interior shots of the driver side floor board on a UK 986 or 996? Please if you do, please post them here as I am trying to figure out some of the similarities and differences for carpeting as well as foot pedals.

Thanks much,

Loi

trieullionaire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 08:57 AM   #2

Dunno if any of these might help you? Some inerior shots down the bottom of the page

Boxster Interior
Chippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 05:21 PM   #3

Thanks Chippy

Great photos, yeah. Big thanks chippy. By the way, who's car is this...beautiful ride. I've been searching for images of a RHD car the whole afternoon. Looking for photos of the foot pedal area, as I noticed none of the RHD cars have a aluminum dead pedal and after having a good look at that pic, I'm even more certain that finding an aluminum dead pedal for a UK model will be rare if not impossible.

Anyone with a dead pedal out there on a RHD vehicle? Would love to see some posted here if you got one.

Very interesting nonetheless, makes me feel like the LHD driver floorboard has more space at least visually...considering the dead pedal area is wider. Here is my vehicle with the updated aluminum sports pedals with the clutch and brake now. They're similar to the ones I had before, just the brake and clutch are now counterbore instead of countersunk to match the supplied hardware.
Old 10-14-2008, 05:19 AM   #4

Thanks, that's mine. Photos at the top of how is was and then other pics of work that I've done.

I believe that you can get RHD pedals including the dead pedal.

I bought mine off ebay and didn;t realise they were LHD till I got them . The LHD dead pedal (in my case) can be cut to fit but generaly that'll depend on the design.
Old 10-14-2008, 05:50 AM   #5

Shift Knob

Chippy, I noticed you have a modified shift knob. Did the knob come slotted for the Porsche shifter? I've been searching for some shift knobs to see what's available for the Porsche, not too many after market components out there and what is usually available is pretty hefty in price.

By the way, have you got a link for any of the RHD aluminum pedals that includes the dead pedal? Again, thanks for the info and pics of your car. Very clean ride.
Old 10-14-2008, 06:13 AM   #6

I have a short shifter fitted which has the standard shape shaft. The inside of the gear kob is round.

This might bring a tear to you eye, but I epoxied the knob on! The shifter was only £50 and it isnt likely to wear out, and I figured that there's no need to ever remove the knob anyway, as the centre console can still be removed with it in place.

The only major hassle I had was that the hole in the knob is about 1mm smaller than the shaft thickness - so had to grind 1.5mm off the shaft for the knob to slide over, which was a right PITA.
Old 10-14-2008, 06:16 AM   #7

you can get RHD pedals here:- Design 911