Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Show and Tell Gallery

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-13-2008, 11:45 AM   #21
dkh

Quote:
Originally Posted by tboyer
With that in mind, is anyone familiar with Antyre tires?
I purchased 4 for less $88 bucks a piece including shipping.
Antye is owned by a Chinese company, however, the tires
are manufactured in the U.K.
Sounds like it's a Chinese company and they're made in China. More info here:
http://www.tirereview.com/default.aspx?type=wm&module=4&id=2&state=DisplayFu llText&item=3488

dkh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 12:03 PM   #22
dkh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frodo
Quote:

"hey is that the same car in both pics of the sig? the grays look very different..."

Posted by super66.

I've found pics of the seal grey can look a lot different, color-wise, from one time to the next depending on the light. (Maybe more so than some other colors.) Look---in a close up shot I made mine look blue! (No computer-adjustment on the color.)

I've found that my slate grey metallic looks a lot different depending on the light - and some of issue with a digital camera is the white balance. To get true colors you need to use some method of manual white balance with digital camera. Not to get into all the details of this (although I would be glad to elaborate if necessary) and depending on what camera you have usually you shoot a separate photo of a white piece of paper - or if you're into photography, an 18 percent gray card - which is getting the same light as your car (that is, don't have the white paper in the shade and car in the sun or vice-versa) and use that to calibrate your manual white balance. Colors will be very close using that method. However, unless your monitor is color calibrated it still won't look right on your monitor (but nothing else will either). I still haven't shot any photos of my car with manual white balance set in the camera. There are also ways to arrive at a fairly accurate white balance after the fact using Photoshop or the image processing software that came with your camera. In this case it helps to have something in the shot that is known to be pure white or pure gray to sample the color from.
dkh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 07:30 AM   #23

I think the black wheels look okay, but maybe not on a porsche. Kinda gives it that ricer tuner look.

The best option for the center caps would be to paint around the crest black.

If you had the lip PC'd in seal gray and leave the spokes black they would look great, more so with a black top. I'm actually very curious to see what a seal gray box would look like with color matched lips and black spokes with the black top like mine.

As for the seal gray, the reason it looks so different in different lights is because it is a metallic paint and it reflects different colors more so than normal paint.

JoshMD is offline   Reply With Quote