Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Show and Tell Gallery

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-31-2007, 08:25 PM   #1
dkh

2000S Slate Grey Metallic with hardtop

New 986Ser here. I know I can do a lot better with the photos - and a a bit better with car cleanliness in future photos - these were just quick shots to get some pics of my car. Boxster gallery at http://www.pbase.com/kenhurst/boxster will have more pictures later.

Really looking forward to autocrossing this car with PCA next Spring and really learning how it works as it was intended. We're also fortunate to have some great instructors in our local Maverick Region of PCA who are Boxster drivers.

Fortunately I recently had the opportunity to tour the Italian countryside in my Boxster. Maybe next trip it will be Athens, Palestine, Paris, or maybe even Dublin - and all without leaving Texas!

Ken

And then the more mundane:

dkh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 09:41 PM   #2
blkboxster

looks good, what is the population of that city?
Old 12-31-2007, 11:08 PM   #3
dkh

Quote:
Originally Posted by blkboxster
looks good, what is the population of that city?
No idea, I didn't Photoshop it out or anything - it just wasn't on the sign. My guess is that it's around 2,500 but that's just a wild guess. Just looked it up on wikipedia - it has 1993 people as of the 2000 census. It has quite a few homes and buildings built in the early part of the 20th century and it's about 18 miles from Waxahachie which also has many older historic homes and buildings. Now I'm wondering if the other signs for the city limits have the pop. listed on them.
Old 01-21-2008, 06:03 PM   #4
dkh

Couple more recent pics without the hardtop:

Old 02-07-2008, 08:19 AM   #5

Great looking car. Really like the color. Have you considered clear side markers? Just my opinion but I think they would look great on your car.
ROW M030 Suspension
Front & Rear Strut Braces
B&M Short Shift & EVO Billet Linkage
steve00s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 10:47 AM   #6
dkh

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve00s
Great looking car. Really like the color. Have you considered clear side markers? Just my opinion but I think they would look great on your car.
Thanks steve00s - I am thinking about the clear side markers sometime down the line - would look better. I've heard that this slate grey metallic color is fairly rare - at least in a Boxster S. I ran into another owner of a slate grey metallic Boxster S at a PCA meeting. He had the clear side markers as well as Litronics so I was able to see how all that would look like on my car.
Old 02-07-2008, 11:36 AM   #7

Nice car, nice color. IMHO it looks much better without the hardtop. Some colors, e.g., Silver, look good with hardtops, your gray car looks really good with the contrasting black fabric top.

How does Slate Grey compare to Seal Grey? I've always loved Seal Grey, but I'm not sure if I've seen any in Slate Grey...
Lucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 12:32 PM   #8
dkh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky
Nice car, nice color. IMHO it looks much better without the hardtop. Some colors, e.g., Silver, look good with hardtops, your gray car looks really good with the contrasting black fabric top.

How does Slate Grey compare to Seal Grey? I've always loved Seal Grey, but I'm not sure if I've seen any in Slate Grey...

I agree about the appearance with the contrasting black top - I like the way the convertible top looks and I like being able to put the top down. In Texas we really haven't had anything close to Winter this year - some fairly brisk temps for top down driving for a little while but overall no real pressing need for a hardtop.

Slate grey is a bit darker than seal grey. A fellow Boxster owner here in Waxahachie (thenavarro) has a seal grey car and we have plans to take some pictures of our cars together sometime. Whenever we do we'll post the pics for a color comparison.