Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Show and Tell Gallery

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-02-2007, 07:26 PM   #21

Griz--

Gettin' old(er) sucks, don't it? Until, as they say, one considers the alternative. About 10 years ago (when I was just about exactly your age) I took an awkward spill on some slippery steps and my lower back has never been the same. My younger son, then 5-ish, watched from the top of the steps as I writhed around on the floor in excruciating pain until, eventually realizing he was watching and getting pretty scared, I somehow managed to croak out (lying through my clenched teeth) "I'm OK." (Wanted to say "Call an ambulance.")

Couple years ago exacerbated it working at the clinic, picking up (stupidly using totally improper technique for lifting, ie back not rigidly straight) a dog to put him on the exam table. (Ever since, my wife takes great delight in telling the story of how I injured my back at work picking up a Poodle...what she conveniently fails to mention was that it was a 65 lb Standard Poodle!)

Hang tough kid. It never gets back to the way it was, but it gets better.

Frodo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2007, 05:17 AM   #22

Send a message via AIM to Bambino Don
www.pistonheads.com is good.

Hope all is good man and have a pic of Eva Mendes on me!!

James
00 Audi TT 180 coupe
02 DC5 Honda Integra typeR
01 Alfa Romeo spider 3.0 V6
01 Honda s2000
03 Audi TT Roadster 225
02 Porsche Boxster S silver/red Rolling on 19's
Now:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4.../mycayman1.jpg

07 Cayman Guards Red/black on 19's
Bambino Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2007, 05:28 AM   #23

Go to njguido.com this will answer your question about who the hotties are hanging around with these days..... I am pretty sure this is a corvette crowd!

Have a speedy recovery!!

www.njguido.com

it will change your life...
haha
AUDIOGUY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2007, 07:52 AM   #24

Hey Grizz-

Best wishes for speedy/full recovery....

Hey BMussati- best picture ever of that blonde. Who is that? some random chick or famous chick?

1989 911 Cabriolet
Grand Prix White/Black

Stock except:
Turbo 7x9 Fuchs

SOLD!
2002 986S
Seal Gray/Black
Painted Center Console
18" Turbo Twists with rear spacers
Tequipment aluminum shift knob
Colored center caps
De-ambered tail lights/side markers

Stock except:
B&B catback exhaust

http://i29.tinypic.com/i6crck.jpg
jwilson95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2007, 09:27 AM   #25

This one is also good:

http://www.hotchickswithdouchebags.com/

be sure to check out the Hall of Scrote

This site gave me an idea for my Halloween costume. I bought a whoopee cushion costume, turned it inside out and attached a hose with a piece of PVC drain pipe on the end. Drilled some holes in the PVC a voila, I was a douche bag.

Last edited by shaman1204; 11-03-2007 at 09:33 AM.
shaman1204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2007, 09:39 AM   #26

I think I may know something that might help, at least for a day or two anyway. Hopefully you missed this in your first pass through the internet. Its the Pelican Parts BBS Off-topic forum. There's tons of stuff there but I find that the More Random pictures thread is good for hours of laughs. There's 500+ pages of everything from the obvious to that abstrat. Plenty of easy on the eyes, safe for work photos (think grid girls), including gratitious camel toe and even a moose knuckle or two thrown in for proper balance in reporting.

Here's a good start from the sublime humor category:

http://forums.pelicanparts.com/uploads2/sos1062389553.jpg

The link for the forum is at: http://forums.pelicanparts.com/showthread.php?t=125505

Best wishes to heal up quick.
past: 2010 Boxster S
turbo23dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2007, 10:26 AM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by AUDIOGUY
Go to njguido.com this will answer your question about who the hotties are hanging around with these days..... I am pretty sure this is a corvette crowd!

Have a speedy recovery!!

www.njguido.com

it will change your life...
haha
Hey Joe,

njguido is the best! I didn't realize those guys still existed! I grew up in Philly and spent my summers in Wildwood, back when Wildwood was the place. When I got the call that I'd be moving to DC, my boys decided that we would celebrate by having a most epic summer in good old Wildwood by the Sea (well we thought it was epic at the time). The Washington Post article on njguidos.com brought back some great old memories, man. If I could walk, I'd go see if I still have my Duran Duran cassettes...or maybe Tears for Fears.

Hey! Is Olga's Diner still on the circle? Our obligitory breakfast stop on the way to summer.
...no catastrophic engine failure ...yet

Last edited by Grizzly; 11-03-2007 at 11:17 AM.
Grizzly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2007, 12:01 PM   #28

Olgas is still there... I think the sign reads ola dinr with the lighted letters that still work. So funny. I live about 5 minutes from there.

My buddy turned me on to that site and we just look at the pix and laugh at the guys there... I was a little jealous when I saw the chicks that they were hanging around with.

Glad you liked it!
AUDIOGUY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2007, 05:17 AM   #29

Grizzly:

I am very sorry to hear about your accident. I can certainly relate as to how terrible it is to be bedridden. I did a photoshoot the other day with my favorite model. Here are some images from that set. I hope they take your mind off your troubles for at least a few minutes.

Take it easy and enjoy those meds. Vic's were always my favorite pain reliever, once I did a couple of shots of tequila after taking one. Don't want to make that mistake again....

Take your time getting back on your feet. Hershey is not 'till April. I am looking forward to meeting you there this time.

Oh yeah-now that you have all this time on your hands are you sure you can't PM me that story?? I mean the back of my hands were at least as red as yours....

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

'03 Midnight Blue
18" Chromes//Drilled and slotted rotors//pedal upgrade//Alum. Door sills//KSPORT Coilovers//Short Shifter/Strut braces/Clear sides/Hard Top/Speedster humps/Intake//Leather GT3 seats/REVO chip with SPS2
'04 CLK55 AMG 367HP!
'86 944 Guards Red & MINT!
'69 911 Black
PCA Member -Northern Ohio
Cancer Survivor
der Geist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 08:48 PM   #30

That site hotchickswithdouchebags has had me laughing for over an hour!! Good find.... made my lonely night in a hotel room away on business sooooo much better!!!!

Grizz: hope your feeling better!

Bobby Carbn is offline   Reply With Quote