Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Show and Tell Gallery

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-28-2007, 05:44 PM   #1

guys I need help ASAP PLEASE

I just had a death in my family and in less then 12 hours is the funeral, I have 1 car at the present time and its my 2000 Boxster S, heres my issue.

Battery is dead as a door nail (to the point where a cig lighter charger wont do ANYTHING) and my hood is locked, the pin on the passenger side just BROKE when I tried to use it to open the hood PLEASE HELP

stugots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007, 05:47 PM   #2

also since I bought the car I have been looking for that "red jumper" in the fuse box and have never found it, is it possible my car does not have it?

does anyone have a pic of a fuse box and can point to this "phantom"
Old 10-28-2007, 06:01 PM   #3

stugots,

Sorry for your loss. Hopefully this will help...

Nick

1999 986 ( Black )
1998 MB C280 ( Black )
1999 BMW K1200RS ( Yellow )
2005 Audi A4 ( Red )
NickCats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007, 06:07 PM   #4

Here

Link

Info on batteries for the Boxster and link at the top to a page on getting at the battery when it is dead
mikefocke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007, 07:17 PM   #5

I tried all these nothing seems to work, jumping the C3 fuse in the box gave me power to the entire car EXCEPT to use the fob to unlock the hood
Old 10-28-2007, 07:28 PM   #6

Send a message via AIM to djomlas
try looking at the passenger side front grill area, and see if you can locate a wire, and pull it, that will unlatch your bonnet.
exhaust cutouts::EVOcoldair intake::OEM smoked tails & sidemarkers::

colormatched bumperettes::Top Speed Pro-1 exhaust::
my cardomain/pictures page
djomlas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 02:51 AM   #7

I dont know if it is the same process as putting power to the fuse panel, but have you tried putting power through the lighter? They have adaptors with cables that plug in and you can hook them to a battery, supposedly it gives enough power to the system to open the hood (I have never tried it, but carry the adaptor), best of luck,

Ed

2000 2.7L Boxster 102K; TTP intake, headers, high-flow cats; Dansk high-flow muffler; Autothority ECU chip; TechnoTorque 2; Bilstein coilovers; Racing Dynamics strut brace; stress-bar suspension kit; Aasco lightweight flywheel, B&M short shiftkit; 18" wheels; spare tire delete; OEM GT3 seats; JL audio speakers and subwoofer; Alpine PDX-5/PDX-2 amps; Kenwood DNX8120 CD/DVD/Nav; litronics, deambered
edevlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 02:07 PM   #8

I want to THANK EVERYONE SOOOO MUCH, for all the help, on the 3rd (i did it the exact same way all 3 times so thats weird) hoking the jumper to the C3 fuse and using the Fob to unlock worked.

so needless to say I made it IN TIME today and I own it all you all of you.

again thanks you all so much

only odd thing now is my passenger side window wont seem to open it just clicks wonder what thats about? is this normal after what I just got through doing?
Old 02-27-2008, 01:57 PM   #9

In desperate need of ideas/help

Hi guys its been another week and my Box is still stuck in the garage

My problem is that I took the battery out of the car to trickle charge it. The hood got locked by accident. My wheel lock is also under the hood.

I have spent 2 hours trying to get the plastic off the passanger wheel well. No luck yet. Do those plastic clips just pry out? I am afraid of breaking things but those plastic screws are on there super tight. To complicate things the wheel is beside a concrete pillar and I don't have much room or light to work with. The car is parked on a major slope and I dont think I can jack it up safely either. I can't roll the car forward cause I will end up blocking traffic in the parking lot as well.

I want to try this fuse box idea. Problem is I have a 97 and I don't think there is this terminal A post for me to hook a battery to. Do the earlier cars not have this post? Can I use something else as an alternative?

Any other ideas or suggestions? Thanks very much. The sun is shining now and I am about to tear my hair out and cry

Carbon Everything
De-ambered
De-snorkled
Litronics
Eibach Pro Kit
Dansk Sport exhaust
Cheap Chinese headers
Silver console and bumperettes
AVIC D3
15mm H&R spacers in the rear
SSR GT3 19's
GT3 Carbon Replicas
Alcantera door panels
JL Aduio 5 channel powering Polks and Clif Designs

To do/complete:
Elemental Designs 10" subs in fiberglass enclosures behind seats
Carbon 3 spoke install with custom stereo control buttons (tiptronic wheel)
angman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 02:07 PM   #10

Send a message via MSN to CJ_Boxster
You can just pull the lever by the drivers door to open the trunks cause our 1997 boxster use cables and didnt revert to electric until earlier years.

Carlos J Cazares

FastForward Performance
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a1...er/newsig1.jpg
CJ_Boxster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 02:15 PM   #11

Send a message via AIM to djomlas
Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ_Boxster
You can just pull the lever by the drivers door to open the trunks cause our 1997 boxster use cables and didnt revert to electric until earlier years.
i got the one with cables as well, it also gets locked if the battery is dead or not there...weird.
so you have to pull the cable in the grille area
exhaust cutouts::EVOcoldair intake::OEM smoked tails & sidemarkers::

colormatched bumperettes::Top Speed Pro-1 exhaust::
my cardomain/pictures page
djomlas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 03:15 PM   #12

Yep, I was so happy at first when I realized that my car was cable operated but I was crushed to find out that that the lever was still locked electronically.

CJ, what cable by what grill are you talking about? Can this be done without removing the grill or bumper? I have been trying to remove the wheel well plastics forver and haven't had much luck yet. I will try again this weekend but its been really frusterating to say the least. Everyone thinks that i am either trying to break into the car or that I am a total idiot.

Carbon Everything
De-ambered
De-snorkled
Litronics
Eibach Pro Kit
Dansk Sport exhaust
Cheap Chinese headers
Silver console and bumperettes
AVIC D3
15mm H&R spacers in the rear
SSR GT3 19's
GT3 Carbon Replicas
Alcantera door panels
JL Aduio 5 channel powering Polks and Clif Designs

To do/complete:
Elemental Designs 10" subs in fiberglass enclosures behind seats
Carbon 3 spoke install with custom stereo control buttons (tiptronic wheel)
angman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 03:19 PM   #13

Send a message via MSN to CJ_Boxster
Your confusing me "CJ" with "DJ". DJ is talking about the cable infront of your passenger side wheel behind the wheel well cover... You have to pry off the clips and pull the cover away or slip your arm in between the cover and the bumper and pull the braided cable to unlock the front trunk.

Carlos J Cazares

FastForward Performance
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a1...er/newsig1.jpg
CJ_Boxster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 03:26 PM   #14
07 Carrera S Cab

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by angman
Yep, I was so happy at first when I realized that my car was cable operated but I was crushed to find out that that the lever was still locked electronically.

CJ, what cable by what grill are you talking about? Can this be done without removing the grill or bumper? I have been trying to remove the wheel well plastics forver and haven't had much luck yet. I will try again this weekend but its been really frusterating to say the least. Everyone thinks that i am either trying to break into the car or that I am a total idiot.

Since your car is a 97, you will not have the ability to pop the trunk from the fuse panel, as that feature wasn't available at the time. I'm pretty sure since you don't have the battery in place, your only option now is to try to find the wire from behind the pass. side wheel well. Look at this link here: http://www.realtime.net/~rentner/Porsche/Radiator/Radiator.html

You will see a section on how to remove the wheel wells. It is not hard to pull out the fastener rivets. The problem is really trying to find the wire once you get behind the wheel well. There is a section in the link that shows you what the wire looks like. In most cases, it is located where you can't even see it (under the headlight cluster), and so it will be tough to get to. The last resort is to try to pry out your passenger headlamp, as the wire will be in easy view after you pull out the headlamp, but you'll probably end up damaging the headlamp and/or headlamp retaining plate if you do this. Sorry for your troubles.

Previous: 01 Boxster in Arctic Silver, 86 944 in Guards Red
Boxtaboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 06:31 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by stugots
I want to THANK EVERYONE SOOOO MUCH, for all the help, on the 3rd (i did it the exact same way all 3 times so thats weird) hoking the jumper to the C3 fuse and using the Fob to unlock worked.

so needless to say I made it IN TIME today and I own it all you all of you.

again thanks you all so much

only odd thing now is my passenger side window wont seem to open it just clicks wonder what thats about? is this normal after what I just got through doing?

That is good news.

Condolences.

Brucelee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 06:19 PM   #16

The next time you take off your front clip to clean you radiators, move your hood cable to your tow hook spot. With the pop out in the bumper, you will never be locked out of you battery again. Search on the forum and there is a great post of this whole process. I have a 98, and other than my battery maintainer, it was the first thing I did to my Box.

60drvr is offline   Reply With Quote