Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Show and Tell Gallery

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-17-2007, 01:09 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowboxster01

Skirting is a must now but, that little plastic lip on the bumper is nice. I took a driveway the other night not angled enough and scraped. When I looked at the damage it just scraped the bottom of that plastic piece, no paint.
Yeh, that's going to happen allot. Good think it comes that way. I added a nice rubber one on my front end just for that reason. You may want to paint it a nice flat black with that Rustoleum Textured paint. They use it on outdoor stuff like chairs and grills. It has a nice look to it too when it's finished. It will also keep the regular black from getting all scratched up scrapped.

porsche986spyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 02:55 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowboxster01
Jeph, I decided to go with halogens because they were more than half the price less than xenons. If I really want xenons later I'll just buy that kit. I didn't think it was worth the extra $1300. I've never been spoiled by xenons so, I don't know what I'm missing.:lol:
Yeah, I could have saved a ton of money had I went with halogens... but I had xenon before, so I DO know what I'd be missing. Do you remember the asking price of the Litronics?
2000 Porsche Boxster | SOLD | http://www.986forum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9114

http://www.kryzak.com/storage/986sig12.jpg

http://kryzak.tumblr.com
Jeph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2007, 07:58 PM   #23

I had contacted that LA salvage yard that specializes in Porsche's and to be honest they kind of jacked me around. I got a quote for the Xenon's and they were $2000 plus I needed the wiring harness also and that was another $400 for the pair. $2400 for USED lights seemed kind of high so, I asked about the halogens. They quoted me $500 for the pair plus shipping, I even double checked with the guy and he said "for the pair". I called up there after there website had been down and the guy I spoke with said they were $500 each side. And to top it off they had sold them already.

I found this guy on ebay that listed one side. I emailed him and asked him if he had the other, got an email back saying no. About 3 days later he emailed me and said he now had the set. I got them for $600 shipped. Later found out I needed some other things but, I think I got a pretty good deal on the lights even though they aren't xenons.

I found xenon's on ebay off and on for $1500 for the pair. Gemballa is always selling one side for some reason and cracked one's also. I didn't want to buy one side and be stuck looking for the other either.

Last edited by yellowboxster01; 05-20-2007 at 08:01 PM.
yellowboxster01 is offline   Reply With Quote