Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Off Topic > Regional Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-06-2012, 07:49 AM   #1
Homeboy981

Garage
North Texas Boxster Enthusiasts Meet for 1st Time!

North Texas Boxster Enthusiasts in DFW get together!

It started with two guys in a garage talking about how best to improve their Porsche Boxsters.

We got together to spin a few wrenches and tell a couple tales of our drives. When, all of a sudden something magical happened, we got an idea that there were more people like this in the Dallas/FtWorth metroplex and beyond, that may benefit from getting together and sharing ideas. Our group started with KennyBoxster (Kenny) & Homeboy981 (Mark)

Here are some pics from the last "meeting" of the North texas Boxster Enthusiasts:

Here is Kenny after we got BOTH cars ready to be 'serviced'

Mark is giving 'thumbs up' after installing a Stage 1 Cold Air Intake

BOTH cars back to back when the work began

Kenny's Throttle Body assembly and other parts lying around - they don't do anyone any good unless they are installed on the car!

Kenny's before engine cleaning shot

Kenny's after TB cleaning

Kenny is giving his approval AFTER he SEES IMPROVEMENT in ACCELERATION

Our first meeting was about how to properly clean a Throttle Body. Since Mark drives down country roads to buy homes, and Kenny has not yet cleaned his. this was the perfect opportunity for our club to be born.

Here in DFW we have a range of "wrench twirling abilities", Kenny has done his clutch. We both replaced out engine mounts, installed Short Shift Kits together, put on Cat Deletes…and then realized there would be others interested in this too. We already range in age from 18 to 50 something. Our repair experience varies as well. So don't think you need knowledge…just the Pcar and we'll supply the rest!

After this meeting we got the idea that, with a bunch of active members, we could get discounts on aftermarket goodies for our members and show them how to properly install it on the vehicle.

Thanks for watching….see the REAL THING THIS WEEKEND!!

From the last meeting we decided to "expand the fan base" and have a little get together with more folks. There is NO COST. We will be doing repairs and you are free to watch AND IF YOU KNOW THE PROCEDURE…feel free to lend advice. On top of that we will have BBQ grilled hamburgers and "award-winning" french fries!

So if you are in DFW on Saturday, November 10th, 2012, be here for our get together.

There is NOT COST TO BE A MEMBER. Just sign up at http://986forum.com and go to Social Groups. We are easy to find, we are the largest Social Group on the Forum! PM me IF you need further assistance.

Stay safe out there!
Mark a.k.a. Homeboy981 - cause I buy a lot of homes.
Kenny a.k.a. KennyBoxster
YOU???

PLEASE KINDLY RSVP - and ANY DISHES YOU WANT TO BRING ARE APPRECIATED!! So PM us and let us know you are coming so we can save space for you!

Old 11-06-2012, 02:46 PM   #2
Homeboy981

Garage
So far we have a couple confirmed to show….how about you?

Are you going to be in DFW THIS WEEKEND? If so, don't miss the fun!

Did we mention we are ONLY talking about Porsche Boxsters (unless you have a Honda too), you might learn something AND IT'S FREE! Just wanted to get together with folks to talk about the cars we love!

See you there!
Old 11-08-2012, 07:28 PM   #3

Hi I live in houston I will like to join A club or get together and talk or learn about This fine sporty cars I got a 986 guard red w/sport package 18's wheels i love it .. but I'm searching for a nice 356 convertible that's my dream pm whit the adress please have a good day everybody
bebeto986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 04:29 AM   #4
Homeboy981

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by bebeto986 View Post
Hi I live in houston I will like to join A club or get together and talk or learn about This fine sporty cars I got a 986 guard red w/sport package 18's wheels i love it .. but I'm searching for a nice 356 convertible that's my dream pm whit the adress please have a good day everybody
Hi @bebeto986,

You ARE the REASON we posted this meet here! If you are willing to come up from Houston, it is about a 4 hour drive…in a minvan.

We are located north of Dallas about an hour on a ranch. You are more than welcome to come. Would love to have you and your Pcar in the pictures!

Will post them here on Monday. So even if you miss it, you can still participate!

Thanks for the interest!

See Ya Then!
Old 11-09-2012, 10:39 AM   #5
Homeboy981

Garage
UPDATE: A couple more folks have confirmed.

Don't know how many that makes just yet….but we have a HUGE driveway! Don't worry, we will post pics - IF YOU'RE NOT HERE!

You just won't get to eat free!
Old 11-09-2012, 02:37 PM   #6

Garage
Where exactly are you located? Denton? Gainesville?
Old 11-09-2012, 06:57 PM   #7
Homeboy981

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxonalden View Post
Where exactly are you located? Denton? Gainesville?
Come and join us!

I PM'd the info to you!

Would love to see you there!

Thanks!
Old 11-10-2012, 02:34 PM   #8
Homeboy981

Garage
Great Meeting!

Will post pics soon!

Thanks for all those you came out the ranch this weekend.

It was a fun time to meet our "board members"!

It certainly was NOT bored members!

Thanks Again!
Mark
Old 11-10-2012, 02:49 PM   #9

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeboy981 View Post
Great Meeting!

Will post pics soon!

Thanks for all those you came out the ranch this weekend.

It was a fun time to meet our "board members"!

It certainly was NOT bored members!

Thanks Again!

Mark
Can't wait to see what I missed.:ah:
Old 11-11-2012, 07:51 AM   #10
Homeboy981

Garage

Now that we have your attention..

Here are a few pics of the North Texas Boxster Enthusiasts get together. To be honest, I was too interested in the cars to take shots! You just shouldda been there….

Here we are from left to right….

Homeboy981 - silver 2002 S

BruceH - blue 2001 S

DFW02S - blue 2002 S

KennyBoxster - black 2000

RP17 - silver 2005 S

WingNut2U - red 2001 S

Here is another shot from the other end…

All cars from the back….

All Boxsters from the front….

WingNut2U drove up and everyone HAD TO SEE it!

This shot shows WingNut2U's car lowered.

More tips and tricks being discussed….

Still more tips...

See the individual Boxster owners cars on the next post……(told ya we would have a lot of pics…)

Stay tuned!
Old 11-11-2012, 08:34 AM   #11
Homeboy981

Garage
Here is the continued story of our North Texas Boxster Enthusiasts Meeting:

Some of the modifications you missed were:

WingNut2U - red 2001 S - RUF front bumper, Techart side skirts, Gemballa rear bumper, PSS9s (lowered so low it was hard to take pictures to see what all was done underneath), Cargraphic 18" racing wheels w/ matching colors, RUF exhaust, GT3 seats (man are those thing snug), color matched interior, racing harness, backup camera, Alpine stereo, Techno Braces front and rear, ashtray delete, Really cool rear Wing, CF air intakes, Stainless Pedals and matching mats.

Here is a front shot…

Side view….

From Behind…

Side CF Intake and rims…

View from inside...

DFW02S - blue 2002 S - Top Speed Pro-1 short shifter & Cat Back Exhaust, Cat delete, RSS underdrive pulley, LNE IMS, Aasco LWFW. Really cool rims. What were those again?

From the front….

Making his getaway! Man, does that thing SOUND GOOD!

RP17 - silver 2005 S. Need we say more?

From the front…

View from the back...

Here is the inside…

….continued on next post since we can only upload 10 pics at a time…..
Old 11-11-2012, 10:56 AM   #12
Homeboy981

Garage
(continued from previous posted meeting)

BruceH - blue 2001 S - iPod connection - BruceH showed us a fine specimen of a 2001 S Lapis Blue Boxster that is virtually flawless. Talk about what a car should look like, he should be showing it! Glad he showed it to us!

Here is the view from the front & side…

Here is the rear…this is what it looks like when he "takes off"

This is the only shot of the inside I have (sorry BH, the other one was out of focus).

BruceH HAD TO POINT OUT the only flaw found. Of course, an owner would know it, but, even when it was pointed out, we could still hardly see it! You be the judge! We all determined to HELP BruceH put more wear and tear on his car!

Homeboy981 - silver 2002 S - TS SSK, Color Match Console, De-Amber, 550 Tail lights, LED Side Marker Signals, TS Cat Deletes, Low-Temp Thermostat, Water Pump & Engine Mount, MI Air Intake-Stage1! She is sporting Chrome kicks….need to get some "Track shoes!"

Here is my girl.

O.K. so maybe the Air Intake is a WARM AIR INTAKE for now….but it IS using a 10" X 6" conical air filter into a 4" silicone tubing, and reducing down to 3.25" at the Throttle Body. If you notice the MAF & housing have been moved to above the OIL HEAT EXCHANGER - NOT the AOS! And a Honeycomb filter is installed 2-4" in front of the MAF.

…and here are some more parting shots for you to remember North Texas Boxster guys by….

"One of the best things about owning this car….the people!"

If you are one of us in North Texas, Houston & Oklahoma are O.K. too. Or if you just happen to be in town-let us know. Either way, make sure to catch our next event!

We are planning to do brake flushes with a couple of volunteered power bleeders (sorry dealerships you will NOT be getting our $$$). BYOBF - "Bring Your Own Brake Fluid!" We can even do the clutch bleeding too! And we will be able to tackle those creaks and squeaks with a shot of WD-40.
TIP: Knowing WHERE to SHOOT it that IS the IMPORTANT PART!

Thanks to all those that stopped by. We feel sorry those of you that missed it.

And Remember….the FIRST RULE ABOUT BOXSTER CLUB IS…

…."tell everyone about North Texas Boxster Club!"

You should have been HERE instead of reading it THERE! It was WAAAY more fun!

"See Ya" next time!
Old 11-11-2012, 11:46 AM   #13

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeboy981 View Post
(continued from previous posted meeting)

BruceH - blue 2001 S - iPod connection - BruceH showed us a fine specimen of a 2001 S Lapis Blue Boxster that is virtually flawless. Talk about what a car should look like, he should be showing it! Glad he showed it to us!

Here is the view from the front & side…

Here is the rear…this is what it looks like when he "takes off"

This is the only shot of the inside I have (sorry BH, the other one was out of focus).

BruceH HAD TO POINT OUT the only flaw found. Of course, an owner would know it, but, even when it was pointed out, we could still hardly see it! You be the judge! We all determined to HELP BruceH put more wear and tear on his car!

Mark, Thanks for the kind words and for hosting the event! I had a great time and look forward to the next get together. You guys are going to cost me lots of money though I see After seeing the clear side lights on Mike's Lapis Blue, I have to get those, and then of course an under pulley, short shifter and a new exhaust I agree that the people associated with these cars is one of the great side benefits!

Here is an interior image of the car:

iPad Mini Dash Install
DEPO Tail Lights
BruceH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 09:40 AM   #14
Homeboy981

Garage
We are already planning another MEET!

Stay tuned for the TIME and PLACE. This time we will be able to handle more peeps and their cool Pcars!

Keep watching OR you can PM myself or Kenny Boxster with contact details (email or phone) and we will put you on the list to contact in advance. We WILL LET YOU KNOW! So you do not have to rely on coming to this thread OR miss an event.

We are planning to do brake flushes with a couple of volunteered power bleeders. BYOBF - "Bring Your Own Brake Fluid!" We can even do the clutch bleeding too! And we will be able to tackle those creaks and squeaks with a shot of WD-40.
TIP: Knowing WHERE to SHOOT it that IS the IMPORTANT PART!

And Remember….the FIRST RULE ABOUT BOXSTER CLUB IS…

…."tell everyone about North Texas Boxster Club!"

"See Ya" next time!
Old 11-13-2012, 01:50 PM   #15

[IMG][/IMG]

Last edited by bebeto986; 11-13-2012 at 02:13 PM.
Old 11-13-2012, 01:55 PM   #16

this is my 986 only pic for now more coming....
Old 11-13-2012, 02:43 PM   #17
Homeboy981

Garage
Nice! Now you just need to get it out of the yard and into the Box club! I'm the one that usually does the "off roading" in this forum (I go down dirt roads, cause that's where some of the homes are). It still hurts to take it 'down the road'…but that's how I get gas money!

You may be able to help some junior members tune their ride…like me!

We have room for ALL skill levels, and anyone who can stuff a mechanic in the frunk is welcome! Got that idea from @Heiko

See Ya there!
Old 11-13-2012, 04:08 PM   #18

Garage
You mean my 911 Grease monkey that lives in the Targa... LOL
I tell ya though... it be tough to do on a boxster... there aint enough room in the trunk... and the feet wouldnt reach the pavement...
and now he's complaining about hair loss because the lid keeps falling on his head... LOL

Heiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 04:48 PM   #19
Homeboy981

Garage
[QUOTE=Heiko;312588]... now he's complaining about hair loss because the lid keeps falling on his head... LOL

That's a good one. I need to remember that. Forget hereditary hair loss….it's from flying metal! They need to put a Warning label on the underside!
Old 11-13-2012, 05:08 PM   #20

Garage
I guess i had my head in there too many times when the engine was running, my 911 ate my hair (hair loss excuse #57)...
This one needs a big yellow sticker that says "Dont hide in the trunk in case engine is missing"
LMAO Oh boy t'was a long day today

Heiko is offline   Reply With Quote