Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Performance and Technical Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-21-2007, 05:41 AM   #1

Where to buy updated tailights and litronics?

I have an 02 s and I am looking for someone who has made the conversion from the standard headlights and tailights to litronics and the clear tailights. I would like to know who to buy these thru, I appreciate any help

nerijus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 05:47 AM   #2

assembly or kit

Is it recommended to repalace the whole asssembly or just get the kit?
nerijus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 06:48 AM   #3

Send a message via AIM to Travis
It really would depend on how much money you want to spend and how quickly you want them.

As far as myself, I did not want to pay $1400.00 - $1600.00, so I just kept looking for 2nd hand on eBay and other forums and got a nice set barely used for $800.00 delivered.

I would stay away from the HID kit.

As far as new, just google and price compare.

here are a couple sites I use:

http://e-partssales.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?

http://www.pelicanparts.com/techarticles/box_litronic/litronic_pg1a.htm
Travis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 07:31 AM   #4

I used suncoast porsche (travis provided the link for their online store, epartsales) for the tail lights and clear side markers. The combo ended up costing me about $210 shipped, arrived nicely packed and pretty fast. I got a good deal on the litronics, I know someone in Dallas that was selling his car and sold me his litronics, I also ended up giving him my stocks as he didn't have his anymore. If I didn't get the litronics through him, I would have used ebay and bought the lights separately (passenger side and driver side in two separate transactions). I've noticed that individiual side lights generally go for cheaper than a set, about $250 - 400 a side.
alikhan78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 08:23 AM   #5

The $1,400-$1,600 price, is that per set or each?

Thanks
Old 02-21-2007, 10:06 AM   #6

Send a message via AIM to Travis
That would be per set, well unless you go to the dealer, I am sure they could sell them for $1600 or more each
Travis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 08:29 PM   #7

Right now dealers are quoting around $1800, cheapest you'll see officially is about $1400 and if you look hard you may see $1200. This is for the full kit, brand new.

Its worth noting, that the full kit enables the low beams to be moveable to match the high beams (tipping them up a few degrees when the highs are engaged). You will not get self leveling when retrofitting. You can also just plug in the litronics and not bother with the tilting function the control module adds.

Its always nice to save money and pick up Litronics used, but keep in mind if you get a used set and have to replace an HID capsule, the savings just got eaten up.

I would absolutely stay away from doing an "HID conversioin kit" into the factory reflector housings. Beam pattern will be horrible.

Tails and side markets are an easy bolt in replacement, so I'd just look around and find the best deal you can for those.

Patrick
Cloudsurfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 08:46 PM   #8

i just got a qoute from the dealer where i am and the price listed per light was only $589 for the clear lights. I was surprised, but i was also going to convert my whole front to the new 06 style and asked what they charged for the pieces ... printed me out a sheet with out all the prices ... it would only cost me around $3500 (both headlights, bumper, marker lights in bumper, both front fenders) didnt ask about the computers for the headlights so im sure it would go up in price, but couldnt you just mod the 97-04 harness if you dont go litronics? or are all the new headlights litronic?

quikslver22 is offline   Reply With Quote