Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Performance and Technical Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-13-2024, 10:23 AM   #1

2001 boxster s headers with auto trans

Looking for people with a 2001 boxster s with auto trans who have successfully installed headers and which ones they used. Running into 2 issues in my search - first, quite a few headers say " does not fit 2001 boxster s" and I'm unsure why this is. Second, a lot also say they do not fit auto transmission models. Anyone with this car can give fit reccomendations and /or know why there is an issue with the 2001 boxster s fitment? I know the auto trans issues have to do with the trans fluid line placement.

Kavik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2024, 12:13 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavik View Post
Looking for people with a 2001 boxster s with auto trans who have successfully installed headers and which ones they used. Running into 2 issues in my search - first, quite a few headers say " does not fit 2001 boxster s" and I'm unsure why this is. Second, a lot also say they do not fit auto transmission models. Anyone with this car can give fit reccomendations and /or know why there is an issue with the 2001 boxster s fitment? I know the auto trans issues have to do with the trans fluid line placement.
The problem fitting headers to Tip equipped cars has to do with two things: The Tip itself is larger than the manual gear box, and the rather large tans cooler that sticks out on one side of the gear box, leaving little to no room to route header pipes around.
Old 01-18-2024, 04:39 AM   #3

I have the Fabspeed headers on mine and I had to change the coolant pipes that run next to the engine on the right side a bit.

azlvr is offline   Reply With Quote