Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Performance and Technical Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-24-2021, 11:19 AM   #1

Functional Aero

Who has added functional aero to their track car? Can you please share your experience

I haven't found an off-the-shelf rear wing for 986, is anyone aware of one?

I purchased a universal kit GTC200 from APR Performance and am working on fitting it, won't be perfect out of the box.

In searching I did find this European race series where it looks as if the cars use GT4 wings. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j2yKNjiHnbI Would love to find out how those are mounted to the trunk

1thenaton1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2021, 11:56 AM   #2

Maybe if you reach out to Hartech they can put you in touch with someone with the Coneysport Car. Hartech is a UK shop that rebuilds M96/M97 engines, they post a lot in the Facebook IMSB group. That GTC200 looks a lot like what they are using though.
Former: 2003 S, 3.6 LN Nickies, ARP rod bolts, under-drive pulley, Fabspeed sport headers, Softronic tune, 987 airbox 987 motor mount, Function-First Sport motor mount insert, Ben's short shifter, Nine8Six projector headlights & center caps, ROW M030, stainless flexible brake lines, B-K rollbar extension & fire extinguisher mount, hardtop
PaulE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2021, 08:15 AM   #3

^ good thought, thanks. I'll give that a shot
1thenaton1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2021, 11:41 AM   #4

You can check out Vision Motorsports, they have many years of experience with aero devices https://www.visionmotorsports.com/
Gilles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2022, 03:33 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1thenaton1 View Post
^ good thought, thanks. I'll give that a shot
I mounted a rear wing on mine. the writeup is in the diy section. It works, better than OEM spoiler, but I don't race so I can't provide numbers. I've had my car over 135mph and it holds just fine. Mounting is tricky though, but it's a fun project all together. I also did a rear diffuser, not sure if it's effective aerodynamically, looks good I think though.

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk