Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Performance and Technical Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-29-2006, 02:53 PM   #1

Che's Exhaust and headers FINALLY decided!

After caring consideration and shopping around and asking several board members about Che's (DelubozParts) products I am finally convinced and will purchase the complete exhaust and header package. I have shopped and researched many, many brands, Fabspeed, Schnell, B&B, Borla etc and for the price and the package and warranty that I am getting I cant go wrong. Was about to fork out $1,400 for an exhaust and $799 for headers not including S&H total of $2,199!

I just saved $1,149 that will be plenty for the peformance engine software upgrade.(GIAC) so far I have installed the Evo intake and Schnell short shift kit, now all I need is to upgrade the wheels and tires and i will be set for next summer

Now is time to test the goodies!!!

chgolatin2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006, 02:57 PM   #2
bmussatti

Chgolatin2, I need to see & hear your car next summer! Have you posted a picture of your car yet? If not, please do.
Old 10-29-2006, 02:57 PM   #3

I think you'll be happy with Che's stuff. It's good quality and he's a wonderful guy to work with! Highly responsive and follows through on every single thing we've talked about and I've asked for.

Hey, was the Evo intake hard to install? I've heard that installing the piece that keeps cold air only on the intake is a pain in the arse to get in place and takes some wrestling to install...
RandallNeighbour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006, 04:14 PM   #4

Ches how much for the cat by-pass pipes for a 2000 S? I need them NOW!

3.6, SC 'er and other parts for sale
JP-s-in st. louis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006, 04:26 PM   #5
bmussatti

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP-s-in st. louis
Ches how much for the cat by-pass pipes for a 2000 S? I need them NOW!

JP: here is his pricing:

"Hello 986forum.com members,

Special Thanks to Randall for Providing Dyno and Test Fitting Results, which made these Exhaust and Header Posting a Legit proven products.

I've just became one of 986forum.com sponsors as of today, due to many order inquirys I had come up with a Special GB Pricing for members.

Exhaust with Titanium Look Tips Reg. $689.99 + S/H Member Price $650.00 Free S/H

Exhaust with Regular Dual Layer Tips Reg. $649.99 + S/H Member Price $610.00 Free S/H

Header for 97-99 2.5L Reg. $489.99 + S/H Member Price $420.00 Free S/H

Exhaust with Titanium Look Tips + Header Performance Package Reg. $1,179.98 + S/H Member Price $1,050.00 Free S/H

Exhaust with Regular Dual Layer Tips + Header Performance Package Reg. $1,139.98 + S/H Member Price $1,010.00 Free S/H

Above GB Pricing Apply for Members within 48 States in USA, for others Please PM me direct for Shipping Quote.

To Order Please PM me for Payment Informations.

Special Notes:
For Exhaust are Direct Bolt on for Boxster 2.7L & Boxster S 3.2L 00-04
Exhaust on Boxster 2.5L 97-99 will Required Drill 2 New Holes in the Center Exhaust Bracket 1.5" towards center,Please refer my Auction Pictures for Location.

Headers are Direct Bolt on for all Boxster 2.5L 97-99, No Modifications. No Check Engine Lights.

Please Contact me if you have additional Questions.

Thank you for Looking and Support !!!

Che"

He also has a sponsor's link on the left side.

How about those Cardinals!!
Old 10-29-2006, 09:32 PM   #6

I saw the link and did not see any cat by-pass pipes???

And about my Cards....What a great year this was...Destiny is all I can say after winning a shot into the playoffs the last day off the year….My body is still going thru detox from Friday night

And just think I moved to Seattle last year....My fam and friends will never let me go back now

3.6, SC 'er and other parts for sale
JP-s-in st. louis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 12:32 AM   #7

Send a message via AIM to blinkwatt
Quote:
Originally Posted by chgolatin2
Now is time to test the goodies!!!
What year is your Boxster? I've been looking into the 2.5L headers for quite some time now and would love to hear some more reviews.
Old 10-30-2006, 07:26 AM   #8

Exhaust/Headers

The Evo intake was a pain so i went to a performance shop to get it installed, kinda put the blame on them if they messed up plus I dont have the patience to do the things myself, all together exhaust, headers, intake new spark plugs $400 not a bad price to avoid the hassles. Thanks!

I will post pics soon!
chgolatin2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 04:33 PM   #9
Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP-s-in st. louis
I saw the link and did not see any cat by-pass pipes???

And about my Cards....What a great year this was...Destiny is all I can say after winning a shot into the playoffs the last day off the year….My body is still going thru detox from Friday night

And just think I moved to Seattle last year....My fam and friends will never let me go back now

Hello JP-s-in st.louis,

I don't have any Cat bypass pipes avaialble for sale, due to many States required Smog Inspections. Will Keep you Post if anything available. Thanks !

Che
delubozparts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 05:24 PM   #10

Che, some nice free flowing sport cats for my 2.5 would really make it look nice and shiny down under... get the factory to work on that, friend!

Of course, I'm happy to put the first set on and test them for you!
Old 10-30-2006, 06:00 PM   #11

[QUOTE=delubozparts]Hello JP-s-in st.louis,

I don't have any Cat bypass pipes avaialble for sale, due to many States required Smog Inspections. Will Keep you Post if anything available. Thanks !

Che -

Last picture of saw of Che he was at room temperature. Yes that was a good day! Not related I hope....................LOL
Old 10-31-2006, 06:01 AM   #12
Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandallNeighbour
Che, some nice free flowing sport cats for my 2.5 would really make it look nice and shiny down under... get the factory to work on that, friend!

Of course, I'm happy to put the first set on and test them for you!

Hello Randall,

I will do more research about the cat bypass CEL issues, if I can find a way to make one without CEL definitely will considerate making cat bypass pipes.

Che
delubozparts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2006, 06:24 AM   #13

Che, I'm not interested in cat bypass pipes like others might want for the track... I'm just looking for high-flow sport cats to replace my factory cats.

I know it's a much taller order than headers or a muffler. There's all sorts of emissions hoops to jump through, plus sensor holes to be put in the right places, etc.

It's just that I am not finding any sport cats for sale on the aftermarket web sites for my model year, and it's probably a very good business opportunity for you ... selling a complete exhaust system would be really fabulous, no?

If anybody reading this knows where I could get some bolt-on sport cats for my 97 boxster with a 2.5 liter engine, please post it here or PM me. Thanks!
Old 11-02-2006, 06:59 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandallNeighbour
If anybody reading this knows where I could get some bolt-on sport cats for my 97 boxster with a 2.5 liter engine, please post it here or PM me. Thanks!
I'm using the ones by Dansk. Dansk make them for the 2.5 as well if I'm not wrong. Got mine from Mid America for $899. Do a search for my dyno report about a year back. Good results from what I recalled.

clubhead is offline   Reply With Quote