Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Performance and Technical Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-23-2024, 11:18 AM   #1

987 ABS pulses/rev

Does anyone know how many pulses per revolution the ABS ring in the bearing of the 987 has? I searched the internet, fora and bearing manufacturer datasheets, but haven't been able to find the answer yet.

Reason for the question is that I will be running 987 driveshafts in my 986. The only obstacle seems to be the ABS because the 986 has an inductive sensor and a reluctor ring whereas the 987 has a hall sensor with the magnets integrated in the bearing.

Worst case I'd need to find some 986 S shafts and get the wheel side joint attached to the 987 shaft.

Marc_986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2024, 10:41 PM   #2

I’m sorry but I do not know the answer to your question. However just wondering why you are fitting 987 driveshafts to a 986? Is there some technical advantage?
Nitro V8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2024, 11:01 AM   #3

The advantage is two fold in my case;

1) The shafts fit the Porsche G87/21 and therefore the Audi 0A2 gearboxes. I'll probably mount the G87/21 now as long as I have the 2.5 Boxer and will move the Audi version in once the V8 goes in.

2) I expect them to be strong enough to hold the torque of the V8 which I want to drop in over the next winter.

Marc_986 is offline   Reply With Quote