Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Performance and Technical Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-20-2021, 06:03 PM   #1

3D Printed Bracket for standard 4" Dashboard Speakers

Hello.

The other day, I went to upgrade my current speakers in the dashboard of my Boxster with some aftermarket ones. I pulled out the speaker mounts and saw that not only had a previous owner hacked up and broken the previous mounts, but the previous mounts were just a little bit too large to fit a standard 4 inch automotive speaker. Personally, I hate cutting OEM parts because OEM parts are expensive and I do not like a glued together car.

To get around this, I designed my own bracket that fits 4 inch speakers perfectly. I included a picture of the old, hacked up, broken bracket next to the 3D printed one. Above, I am holding the other speaker installed with the OEM speaker covers. The part just bolts straight in as a perfect fit, with no cutting required. There was a fair amount of trial and error associated with the design, but I finally got the tolerances perfect.

I just wanted to make this post to throw the idea of this, and if anyone is interested, I can make some more and ship them if the demand is high enough.

Nick
2000 Porsche Boxster S

nweed98 is offline   Reply With Quote