Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Performance and Technical Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-18-2021, 08:20 PM   #21
Racer Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayG View Post
I realize it is a real company, just a really bad choice in name
It's a German company, the name is Kühnle, Kopp & Kausch, so you can relax!

Racer Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2021, 03:41 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by W12B7AVANT View Post
This ever come to fruition? I done a w12 swap but into a smaller chassis Audi. Still working on the car. Runs and drives but not road ready yet. W12 weighs in at 540lbs by the way.
Thanks for commenting! I’ve requested access to join your Facebook Group, in the mean time what transmission did you end up using? The trans was the deal breaker for me, I couldn’t find a manual that would work.
truegearhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2021, 05:48 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by truegearhead View Post
Thanks for commenting! I’ve requested access to join your Facebook Group, in the mean time what transmission did you end up using? The trans was the deal breaker for me, I couldn’t find a manual that would work.
Thanks for joining! Originally, to speed up the build (lol, this is taking forever anyhow), i went with the factory 02X transmission. I plan on upgrading later to the RS4 trans. I didn't build the car to thrash on so im not concerned with using the 02X for now., it should handle the power. I'll just have to be careful if i decide to do any hard shifting or launches.
W12B7AVANT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2021, 12:42 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by W12B7AVANT View Post
Thanks for joining! Originally, to speed up the build (lol, this is taking forever anyhow), i went with the factory 02X transmission. I plan on upgrading later to the RS4 trans. I didn't build the car to thrash on so im not concerned with using the 02X for now., it should handle the power. I'll just have to be careful if i decide to do any hard shifting or launches.
I can’t wait to see this come together, I haven’t seen anyone document a w12 swap to the degree that it would help the next person. It would be cool to see a build with all the details.
truegearhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2021, 02:11 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by truegearhead View Post
I can’t wait to see this come together, I haven’t seen anyone document a w12 swap to the degree that it would help the next person. It would be cool to see a build with all the details.
Yeah there isn't a whole lot out there on these engines. Luckily i made friends with the fella who swapped a w12 into his 350Z drift car. He mated his w12 to a bmw manual transmission for rwd only. His tuner is the one who modified my ECM files.

Im not a blogger, vlogger or keeper of the threads. Im also not big on video recording everything and explaining on video what's going on with each an every step of the build on YouTube. I do post on my achievements and failures on FB. Not ashamed of making mistakes publicly. I randomly post on Instagram since i dont have many followers.
W12B7AVANT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2023, 05:43 AM   #26

This thread is really old but, was wondering if the W12 idea went any further along.

Bagarre is offline   Reply With Quote