Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Performance and Technical Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-20-2020, 06:20 PM   #21

well same problems persist,..so I ordered a new MAF sensor...installed the new AOS,. Runs a bit better but still hisses so I will now pull the alternator so I can look for vacuum leaks,.but if I disconnect battery don't I loose ALL the stored info..like over rev's Etc..I have never been able to research the engine that way and I sure would hate to lose that data,.?? Thanks frank

flmont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2020, 07:28 PM   #22

well still no cure on my 2.7,...I did pull Passenger side intake runner and Alt. to get to the Vacuum parts, replaced the canister, all new line,and fittings also the one way valve to resonance flap, had injector's tested they are fine, new oil tube to engine replaced,new MAF sensor, and of course intake seals,..and it still has a vacuum leak some where you can hear it sucking air, So I disconnected the AOS to intake tube and plugged it.So at idle there's no more hissing. But when I rev it up a bit it starts sucking in air from some where, could the little bellows on the bottom of the AOS cause such a loud sucking sound if its not 100% sealed .My smoke test didn't reveal any major leaks I could see,..But I didn't look underneath the car at that time either.?? Going to the shop soon if I don't find the source of that sucking sound..Thanks Frank
Old 04-14-2020, 04:20 AM   #23
1998 Boxster Silver/Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by flmont View Post
well still no cure on my 2.7,...I did pull Passenger side intake runner and Alt. to get to the Vacuum parts, replaced the canister, all new line,and fittings also the one way valve to resonance flap, had injector's tested they are fine, new oil tube to engine replaced,new MAF sensor, and of course intake seals,..and it still has a vacuum leak some where you can hear it sucking air, So I disconnected the AOS to intake tube and plugged it.So at idle there's no more hissing. But when I rev it up a bit it starts sucking in air from some where, could the little bellows on the bottom of the AOS cause such a loud sucking sound if its not 100% sealed .My smoke test didn't reveal any major leaks I could see,..But I didn't look underneath the car at that time either.?? Going to the shop soon if I don't find the source of that sucking sound..Thanks Frank
When you replaced your AOS (however many times)... did you replace the bellows at the bottom of the AOS? What kind of clamp did you use?
Old 04-14-2020, 02:16 PM   #24

Hey Starter,..yes ( replaced twice) and I used a new bellows each time but with a worm clamp ,.I will double check that clamp tho..Thanks
Old 04-15-2020, 03:55 PM   #25

So far the shop blames it on those little furry bastards (field mice or pack rats)