Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Performance and Technical Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-08-2006, 09:15 AM   #1

Oil Pressure

Just Been Out For A Drive And Noticed That The Engine Oil Pressure Warning Light Is Blinking On And Off When The Engine Is Idling. Soon As I Rev Up, Light Goes Off. Car Is A 2000 Boxster With 54,000 Miles. Anybody Had This Problem ?

HOUSTONBOXT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006, 09:20 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOUSTONBOXT
Just Been Out For A Drive And Noticed That The Engine Oil Pressure Warning Light Is Blinking On And Off When The Engine Is Idling. Soon As I Rev Up, Light Goes Off. Car Is A 2000 Boxster With 54,000 Miles. Anybody Had This Problem ?
Hi,

I assume you mean the idiot light? Well, if it's blinking, it indicates that the Oil Pressure is low. Have you checked the Oil level?

If it's the Oil Display which is blinking, this too indicates a low Oil levelif the MIN bar is flashing. If the entire display is flashing, it indicates a fault in the Oil level detection system such as a short to ground, loose connector or broken wire.

If the Oil level checks out OK, then you may have issues with the Oil Pump. Hope this helps...

Happy Motoring!... Jim'99
MNBoxster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006, 09:52 AM   #3

Thanks For The Reply. Yes It Is The ' Idiot Light'.oil Level Checks Good, So Looks Like Its Of To The Mechanic On Monday.
HOUSTONBOXT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006, 04:18 PM   #4

If you have not found a good independent mechanic in Houston so you don't give away your whole life savings, I have a great guy for you to take your car to. PM me if you want his info. He lives on the West side near Westheimer and Dairy Ashford.

RandallNeighbour is offline   Reply With Quote