Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Performance and Technical Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-23-2006, 05:25 PM   #1

Thumbs up Fabspeed Installed

I just had a Fabspeed exhaust installed on my 987and it sounds great!
Sound is deep and throaty, and when down shifting you can hear a nice rumble.
My concern was like many does it hang to low and how would it look and sound.
The quality of the product looks very well made and the welds are some of the best I have seen. Overall very glad with the product also make sure you get the tips as the entire rear look is awesome.
Don the owner from Precision Motion in Riverside, CA (909 784 0425) did the install, his guys do good clean work.

CALI 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2006, 08:06 PM   #2
bmussatti

CALI 1, can you please post pictures? How much was this project for parts and labor. Thanks.
Old 09-23-2006, 11:55 PM   #3

Fabspeed Exhaust Cost

The total cost was roughly $2045 plus tax.
Fabspeed Maxflow Exhaust = 1350
Tips for exhaust = 395
Labor = 300
I have seen some group buys that might be a little cheaper or you can order it direct from www.fabspeed.com.
Will try to post pictures tomorrow.

A few years ago I used to live right off Kirk Road in St Charles, IL.
Old 09-24-2006, 05:51 AM   #4

Or buy it directly from a dansk muffler supplier to avoid the markup. Fabspeed doesn't make boxster mufflers they buy them from Dasnk.
Adam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2006, 07:41 AM   #5

Fabspeed is Dansk?

Don at the shop that did the install said that Fabspeed products are great quality and fit. He also deals much with Dansk, Tubi, etc...
It sure seems like a great product made directly from Fabspeed in comparison to some others I had on my Corvette.

This would be a great time to get a response from the owner of Fabspeed on his product. joe@fabspeed.com

During the research on Dansk the only exhaust they show available for a 987 05 is nothing like the Fabspeed Maxflow Exhaust.

If you can get a Fabspeed cheaper you should buy it but I think the only way would be a group buy or a special sale. Good Luck!
Old 09-24-2006, 05:39 PM   #6

Don't get wrong Dansk is high quality and they make the OEM muffles for Porsche. I don't know about the 987, but the fabspeed muffler for the 986 is actually the dansk sport muffler marked up a couple hundo. Maybe Joe could shed some light on this?
Old 10-03-2006, 10:09 PM   #7

[QUOTE=CALI 1]Don at the shop that did the install said that Fabspeed products are great quality and fit. He also deals much with Dansk, Tubi, etc...
It sure seems like a great product made directly from Fabspeed in comparison to some others I had on my Corvette.

This would be a great time to get a response from the owner of Fabspeed on his product. joe@fabspeed.com

[QUOTE]

Any word back from Joe?
Old 10-04-2006, 10:35 AM   #8

The 987 exhaust is completely different from the 986 exhaust (fabspeed uses dansk exhaust for the 986). The 987 exhaust is the same as the Cayman exhaust and is made by fabspeed. I have installed miltek and fabspeed, and while both sound awesome, the fabspeed system fits like socks on a rooster. On the 987 it took 3 of us to get it lined up correctly. Once it is in place though, it is a very good system and sounds great. The miltek exhaust is a new system that just hit the market, the fitment was excellent, but the first prototype system I installed had fixed tips, which were....well....off. Sort of looked like the car had walleye vision, lol. They have since gone to adjustable tips to take care of that from what I have heard. I would highly recommend either system.