Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Performance and Technical Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-21-2006, 01:11 PM   #1

where to buy parts in sandiego

hi, i'm going to do my 1st oil change on a 99 boxter i just bought and i was wondering if anyone knows where to buy everything i need at a good price?, in sandiego

yfz/700R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2006, 09:36 PM   #2

oil change

depends on what you need?

You can get the filter and crush washer at the $tealer (Pioneer Porsche on Miramar Rd) for 15 bucks or so.

Buy the Mobil 1 at Walmart (if it is on sale it is the cheapest place), or go to autozone or Kragen.

If you need jack stands, oil drain pan, etc then Kragen. You may want to get the wrench that fits on the oil filter housing that unscrews it. You can get those from Snap on or on ebay too.

make sure you jack up the front too so the all the oil drains out of the pan.
Evo Intake
Partial Carbon Interior
Black Leather Sport seats
M030 Sway Bars
Litronics w/ Clear Corners
Boxster S brakes
B&M Short Shifter
PnP rear Speakers + Amp
pecivil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2006, 11:21 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by pecivil
depends on what you need?

You can get the filter and crush washer at the $tealer (Pioneer Porsche on Miramar Rd) for 15 bucks or so.

Buy the Mobil 1 at Walmart (if it is on sale it is the cheapest place), or go to autozone or Kragen.

If you need jack stands, oil drain pan, etc then Kragen. You may want to get the wrench that fits on the oil filter housing that unscrews it. You can get those from Snap on or on ebay too.

make sure you jack up the front too so the all the oil drains out of the pan.
thanks, i was at walmart last night but all they had was 0/30,10/30 and 10/40 all energy conserving oils. i thought we were supposed to use 0/40 or 5/50, could you pm me the name of the shop and what they charged you for your 3.4 conversion?
thanks
willy
Old 09-23-2006, 09:26 PM   #4

I use mobil 1 5w-30 from Costco.

As for parts. Your choices for retail are pretty limited. There's Pioneer that pecival mentioned, if you're further north, Hoehn Porsche. There's a shop off mira mesa, AJ USA http://www.ajusa.com that carries some porsche parts as well. If you're a PCA member you get a discount at Pioneer.

For maintenance stuff, i recommend you buy online. I have found it to be cheaper. I buy all my maintenance stuff at Pap Parts. http://www.pap-parts.com/

Good Luck,
Larez2
larez2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2006, 08:53 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by larez2
I use mobil 1 5w-30 from Costco.

As for parts. Your choices for retail are pretty limited. There's Pioneer that pecival mentioned, if you're further north, Hoehn Porsche. There's a shop off mira mesa, AJ USA http://www.ajusa.com that carries some porsche parts as well. If you're a PCA member you get a discount at Pioneer.

For maintenance stuff, i recommend you buy online. I have found it to be cheaper. I buy all my maintenance stuff at Pap Parts. http://www.pap-parts.com/

Good Luck,
Larez2
thanks for the link, i live in east county in the lakeside area and it does get generally about 10 deg hotter or colder here so i think i will run the 0/40