Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Performance and Technical Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-08-2018, 07:13 AM   #1

Swaybar - M030 or Tarett

I'm looking at upgrading the sway bars on my 2001 986S to either the M030 or Tarett Engineering adjustable ones, this is the first of the suspension upgrades, everything else is stock. The car is a DD and also used for autocross and DE's. Will the sway bars have much impact on ride quality on the road, need to keep the wife happy. Recommendations/thoughts on the two options? Would you also change the drop links at the same time?

bbiela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 08:24 AM   #2

how far do you intend to go with your track work. If you see advanced level driving or potential racing/time trials, go to the tarrett. M030 are mildly stiffer than stock.
Quadcammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 08:49 AM   #3

need to upgrade droplinks for tarett, not for m030. sways will not impact quality of ride on the road, but will greatly improve track performance. big price difference, esp w need for upgraded drop links (i have a set for sale if interested). do not recommend h&r sways; rear too stiff, and really heavy.
The Radium King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 09:25 AM   #4

I've run the M030 suspension with the M030 sway bars, and then the Tarett bars, street driving was about the same, so minimal impact there.

On track, better body roll control with the Tarett, my car used to really lean big time in the corners with the stock suspension. Did I get any faster with the new bars? At some tracks I shaved off some time with the new setup, some I didn't, it as probably more a factor of how long it had been since the last time I was at that track. But my tire wire did get (a little) more even with the Tarett's. At tracks like Roebling with all those sweepers I am wearing the outer edge more than the rest. But everywhere else, the tire wear is pretty even.

steved0x is offline   Reply With Quote