Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Performance and Technical Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-07-2018, 06:46 AM   #1

Speaker wiring from amp

I have an 02 S with the amp in the front trunk, and was wondering if there is a wiring diagram anywhere that tells what wires go to what speakers?
I'm going to put in a new stereo, amp, and replace the speakers in the doors and dash, and just want to use the existing wires to keep from having to run new ones.
Any help would be appreciated

tx02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2018, 08:50 AM   #2

Which amp do you have? I googled 02 Boxster AMP wiring get plenty of pics of wiring diagrams couldnt get a link though. I am in the same project. I bought an old M490 amp that arrived today. I am using it to make an interface between factory wiring and aftermarket amplifier.

Also bought 2 extra nokia door boxes to cut up and install 6.5 inch speakers in the doors. Bout gave up on subwoofer at this point.

Plan is use 3 way hertz mille components in active config. Have a pioneer single din hu on the way and the speakers. Will use doors in mono mode and mids and tweeters on mains 5 channel amp probably alpine pdx.

Anyway good luck.

Last edited by Cunningr; 03-07-2018 at 09:04 AM.
Cunningr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2018, 09:03 AM   #3
Motorist & Coffee Drinker

Garage
I recently posted the diagram for the 2000 model. I expect yours will be pretty much the same:
Need AMP plug pin sequence
Old 03-07-2018, 09:16 AM   #4

I'm not sure which amp I have. I'll look when I get home and see if I can find out. Do you know where to look?
I think our cars are very similar. Mine is blue too. Not sure how to post a picture though
tx02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2018, 10:00 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by tx02 View Post
I'm not sure which amp I have. I'll look when I get home and see if I can find out. Do you know where to look?
I think our cars are very similar. Mine is blue too. Not sure how to post a picture though
Yeah thats the diagram i have had open, thanks.

In user cp you can add a picture there in avatar. Need to reduce the size though.