Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Performance and Technical Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-04-2012, 06:18 PM   #81

I think the author’s writing is very good, although the point of view a little bit different, but really is a good article, and the author can hope to have time to discuss some problems.!!~!~!!!!

Old 04-02-2013, 09:27 AM   #82

Garage
ImagineAuto forced induction hoses FS

ImagineAuto forced induction hoses for sale to best offer

BYprodriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 11:52 AM   #83

Garage
Im trying to recreate what OhioBoxster did using this post as a guide. I was wondering if any of the old and bold forum members know if he had to stop using the air-oil separator? He put a plug in a hole in the manifold and it looks to me like he by-passed the AOS. Is this possible?
tranceatlantic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 03:53 PM   #84

PM him. He will answer you...
RandallNeighbour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 12:41 PM   #85

Garage
No response from him. Well I guess it has been a while. I managed to answer most of my questions about where the throttle moves to and how the throttle cable can be redirected.

I have the kit install. This post was my only guide but I think its all in there as intended. My next hurdle is to make a fuel injector map for the 7th injector. Anyone got any ideas how to go about this as I dont have a starting point. I could really do with some advise on whether the 7th injector will need to fire at idle. What I do have is AFR gauge, EGT sensor and a SMT6 piggy back computer to drive the 7th injector. If all else fails I will build the map from the bottom up.
tranceatlantic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 08:05 PM   #86
Kapua

finished product?

please post pics of the finished product i am curios to see what the end result is. anybody recommend a starter porsche and certain price ranges? somewhere around 12000?
Kapua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 04:52 PM   #87

Sorry, just stopped back in I have been really busy. Do you still have a question?
Old 09-05-2013, 04:55 PM   #88

I answered all of the PM's
Old 01-01-2014, 11:01 AM   #89

Hi Guys.

Time to live up this topic!

After a looooooong wait and some serious ebaying, last summer I finally found a 2nd hand TPC Super Charger Kit for my Porsche Boxster 2.5 l (1997).

Unfortunately the kit did not come with the 7th injector or the piggyback.

Otherwise thanks to OhioBoxsters awsome topic got most of the installment process covered on a theoretic base at least, seems pretty straight forward.

I tried to contact TPC to get some additional info but they where not interested to help out, even if I was willing to pay for the installation instructions, oh well.

I've done some googlein about Piggybacks but need help on the issue.

Does anyone have info on where to purchase the piggyback and the 7th injector to run with the TPC kit?
Thanks to "tranceatlantic" I found: http://www.perfectpower.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=58 .

Thanks

Last edited by pepe82; 01-01-2014 at 11:30 AM.
pepe82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 10:41 PM   #90
San Diego Boxster

Garage
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepe82 View Post
Hi Guys.

Time to live up this topic!

After a looooooong wait and some serious ebaying, last summer I finally found a 2nd hand TPC Super Charger Kit for my Porsche Boxster 2.5 l (1997).

Unfortunately the kit did not come with the 7th injector or the piggyback.

Otherwise thanks to OhioBoxsters awsome topic got most of the installment process covered on a theoretic base at least, seems pretty straight forward.

I tried to contact TPC to get some additional info but they where not interested to help out, even if I was willing to pay for the installation instructions, oh well.

I've done some googlein about Piggybacks but need help on the issue.

Does anyone have info on where to purchase the piggyback and the 7th injector to run with the TPC kit?
Thanks to "tranceatlantic" I found: SMT6 .

Thanks
I'm in the process of doing a SC install as well. Installing Imagine Automotive Super Charger on my 1998 2.5 Boxster

I learned that Protomotive - Welcome to the Worlds Fastest Porsche Tuner is the company that TPC uses to do their tuning. So I called Protomotive - Welcome to the Worlds Fastest Porsche Tuner and spoke with the owner about getting my 1998 2.5 Boxster DME done and he said that TPC uses the UniChip (Unichip Automotive Performance - Homepage) piggyback for those installs. No need to reprogram the DME with the UniChip.

I was happy to hear that, as I had already bought an Apexi Neo AFC. But he told me that I would still need to get the timing adjusted. The UnChip does both Air/Fuel and Timing. So it sounds like a better choice. I found another solution for my timing so I don't have to get the DME programmed.

He also mentioned, that you would typically retard the timing 1 degree for every 1 PSI of boost. Does that sound about right?

1998 Black Boxster (owned since 2001)
drbodzin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 03:32 PM   #91

Quote:
Originally Posted by drbodzin View Post
I'm in the process of doing a SC install as well. Installing Imagine Automotive Super Charger on my 1998 2.5 Boxster

I learned that Protomotive - Welcome to the Worlds Fastest Porsche Tuner is the company that TPC uses to do their tuning. So I called Protomotive - Welcome to the Worlds Fastest Porsche Tuner and spoke with the owner about getting my 1998 2.5 Boxster DME done and he said that TPC uses the UniChip (Unichip Automotive Performance - Homepage) piggyback for those installs. No need to reprogram the DME with the UniChip.

I was happy to hear that, as I had already bought an Apexi Neo AFC. But he told me that I would still need to get the timing adjusted. The UnChip does both Air/Fuel and Timing. So it sounds like a better choice. I found another solution for my timing so I don't have to get the DME programmed.

He also mentioned, that you would typically retard the timing 1 degree for every 1 PSI of boost. Does that sound about right?
Thanks for the info Miles! Most help full!

I've been reading your sc installation topic all night, great work.

Did I understand right, I would only need the Unichip(=piggyback) (and the Apexi would only be for additional monitoring if so wanted)?
pepe82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 01:37 PM   #92
San Diego Boxster

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by pepe82 View Post
Thanks for the info Miles! Most help full!

I've been reading your sc installation topic all night, great work.

Did I understand right, I would only need the Unichip(=piggyback) (and the Apexi would only be for additional monitoring if so wanted)?
Thanks! No, just the Uni-Chip. It does both Air/Fuel and Timing (and more). But I had already bought the Apexi unit, so I stuck with it and added another component to do timing. Had I not gotten the Apexi already, I would have just got the Uni-Chip.

1998 Black Boxster (owned since 2001)
drbodzin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 11:46 PM   #93

986s

Enfermo de las ruedas con Tapatalk y talk.
Cancuflas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2015, 07:04 PM   #94

Sorry guys, I changed jobs and this was quite awhile ago for me. I've been working many more hours with much more responsibility. I'll come back the next few days and try to answer any questions I can remember.

Matt
Old 10-16-2017, 12:54 PM   #95

any one know whereto buy hanger for 986 hard top ?
ohio,,, how muchadded power w/sc ?
phila kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2017, 05:28 PM   #96

Wow. Talk about a let down!

Last edited by Saurkrt; 11-24-2017 at 05:34 PM.
Saurkrt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 07:45 AM   #97

Garage
[QUOTE=BYprodriver;334747]ImagineAuto forced induction hoses for sale to best offer

[/QUOTE

Still available & in good condition!