Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Performance and Technical Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-07-2006, 11:05 AM   #1

15-20 BPH for 1,500 usd

I'm going to mod my 00 986 S this weekend.
1) Evolution Cold air intake
2) GIAC ECU

What do you think?

porscheracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2006, 06:00 PM   #2

In my opinion, the Evo intake was a big improvement without the computer mod. Definately try to get the exhaust done as well. I did my B and B exhaust and Evo mod in the same week and it was a huge improvement. Cant comment on the computer upgrade.. I have yet to do it.

You will love the intake sound from the Evo... it is worth the price even if there were no noticable gains in HP.

I wish you would do the intake first and the the computer mod to see if there is much difference with and without the computer.

Good luck!
AUDIOGUY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 06:28 AM   #3

Smile TTP Intake and AutoAuthority Chip

I have a 2000 2.7L Boxster and had got a TTP intake and AutoAthority chip done, I am very impressed. I love the sound and sure seems faster. I dont have a dyno around, I really wish I did as I would liked to have dyno'ed it before and after.

The only outside reference on what the intake and chip has done to my car came from the mechanic at the local Porsche dealership. He did the 30K service on my car before the mods and test drove it. I returned to the dealer shortly after the mods were done to have my shift cables replaced and he drove the car afterwards.

He was very interested in what I had done to it, he claimed it now felt like an 2000 "S" (which I have never driven). He wanted to know HP increase and that sort of thing. Based on his and my impressions, there must be more going on that the throaty sound comming from the intake. BTW, the TTP intake is more expensive than the EVO unit, but my installer which has access to both, really likes the TTP unit. Whatever you choose, I would say go for it and enjoy.

2000 2.7L Arctic Silver/Black
17" stock wheels
50k, Redyed Seats
TTP Intake
AutoAuthority Chip
edevlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 06:29 AM   #4
Porscheectomy

Dyno test before and after on the same day!
blue2000s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2006, 07:04 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue2000s
Dyno test before and after on the same day!
Maybe it is a good thing they didn't. Let them "feel" the hp gain.....they may be in for a rude awakening if they did that sort of thing

Adam is offline   Reply With Quote