Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Performance and Technical Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-31-2017, 02:43 PM   #1

LN Engineering announces IMS database access

LN Engineering has just announced online access to their database of installed retrofit bearings. You can search by the LN door sticker number, or by VIN number to see if an LN bearing has been installed, when it was done, who did it, and the mileage at that time it was installed. Caveats are that the installer had to register the installation, which not all did, and the same engine is still in the car.

Does my car have it already? – IMS Retrofit

Last edited by JFP in PA; 11-01-2017 at 01:27 AM.
JFP in PA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2017, 04:15 PM   #2
Motorist & Coffee Drinker

Garage
Very cool. I had the receipt and sticker, but looking it up at LN is so much more satisfying. Thanks for posting.
'99 Tip that was leaking at the seal:

Old 10-31-2017, 07:59 PM   #3

Well, shucks. My car's VIN is not found, but that isn't all that surprising. I'm the third owner, and I've owned or known of this car for about seven years. I don't know when LN started, but I didn't think the IMS had been done. By this, it hasn't. That will all change right after the first of the year.

Dave
Old 11-01-2017, 05:21 AM   #4

Ugg mine doesn't show in the database but I have the receipt from the shop that did the work for me, I guess they didn't register it... blah I don't have a sticker either.
steved0x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2017, 07:23 AM   #5

Mine does not show in the LN database but I have the original shop receipt, LN sticker on the door jamb and email confirmation from LN that I have a classic single row LN bearing (LN looked up my bearing by serial number at my request when I purchased the car). Additionally, my LN serial number / installation date on the shop receipt is coherent with the date ranges listed on the LN database lookup web page.

Because I have complete documentation, no big deal one way or the other for me.

#317 550 Spyder Anniversary Edition 2004 Boxster S, 3.8L Flat Six Innovations engine, PSS9s, etc, etc . . .
The contents of my posts are for entertainment only. As confirmed by my many motor sports fails, I am not qualified to give product endorsements or mechanical advice

Last edited by Oldcarguy; 11-01-2017 at 07:28 AM.
Oldcarguy is offline   Reply With Quote