Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Performance and Technical Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-23-2017, 01:27 AM   #1

Airbag Fault 3

My car was at the body shop and it came back with the airbag light on..

I have bought a Durametric and it comes up with 3 faults, Fault 3 being the first, saying low voltage or something to that effect.

I assume this means the input voltage to the unit is low?? if so how do I check it, is there a fuse to test first?

The Durametric doesn't appear to be resetting the unit anyway.

Does the light being on result in a MOT fail?

Many thanks

Aviator912 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2017, 07:11 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aviator912 View Post
My car was at the body shop and it came back with the airbag light on..

I have bought a Durametric and it comes up with 3 faults, Fault 3 being the first, saying low voltage or something to that effect.

I assume this means the input voltage to the unit is low?? if so how do I check it, is there a fuse to test first?

The Durametric doesn't appear to be resetting the unit anyway.

Does the light being on result in a MOT fail?

Many thanks
First of all, no scanner will reset a fault triggered by a componet failure until the problem is fixed. Your code is for a fault with the air bag control module, which is either disconnected or has failed. If it needs to be replaced, it will need to be recoded with a PIWIS system, the Durametric cannot perform that task.
Old 09-23-2017, 07:25 AM   #3

Yes thanks for that,

However on investigating further it appears the cable that goes from the seat belt buckle to the main terminal on the underside of the passenger seat is not there....!! Goodness knows why the body shop removed it as I am pretty sure it was there when it went in (otherwise the air bag light would have been on?)

Does anybody know if this cable is available by itself or do I need a new seat buckle too?

Tks
Old 09-23-2017, 09:02 AM   #4

Quote:
Yes thanks for that,

However on investigating further it appears the cable that goes from the seat belt buckle to the main terminal on the underside of the passenger seat is not there....!! Goodness knows why the body shop removed it as I am pretty sure it was there when it went in (otherwise the air bag light would have been on?)

Does anybody know if this cable is available by itself or do I need a new seat buckle too?

Tks
If that cable is missing, the control module is disconnected, hence the code.
Old 09-25-2017, 09:33 AM   #5

Is it correct that not all cars have a cable from the passenger belt buckle to the connector under the seat?

My car has a passenger airbag and door airbags but no cable. I thought maybe somebody had taken it out, but in talking with a breaker yard, they had seat without the cable. If this is the case then there is no need for me to change the buckle?

Any thoughts on this?
Old 09-25-2017, 10:14 AM   #6

Quote:
Is it correct that not all cars have a cable from the passenger belt buckle to the connector under the seat?

My car has a passenger airbag and door airbags but no cable. I thought maybe somebody had taken it out, but in talking with a breaker yard, they had seat without the cable. If this is the case then there is no need for me to change the buckle?

Any thoughts on this?
What year is the car?