Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Performance and Technical Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-08-2004, 01:52 PM   #1

My pics

I would like to post a couple pics of my car here, however I am new to that kind of thing. I was wondering, If I emailed one you guys a pic if you could post it here for me?

Adam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2004, 08:05 AM   #2

How come your pics never got posted? Did you try attaching a pic to the bottom of the post? There is a browse feature to attach files...
Old 01-11-2004, 06:03 PM   #3

I have never really tried to post a pic myself. I am really pretty ignorant of most computer operations. I did email a pic to a guy in another forum and he posted it for me. Would that be possible here? I would appreciate any help you can give. I just want to get a pic up.
Old 01-11-2004, 06:04 PM   #4
b0xt0La

You can email me the pics I will post them yallough@twcny.rr.com
Alienz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2004, 07:08 PM   #5

Thankyou Alienz, I will send you a pic tomorrow. I really appreciate it.
Old 01-12-2004, 03:23 AM   #6

Hey Adam

Adam, it is really very simple. See that ATTACH FILE thing on the page? You just click the BROWSE button, then navigate to the picture on YOUR computer that you want to post here on the site. Doesn't get much simpler than that. Make sure it ends in .jpg or any of the other formats listed.

BTW, folks -- let's try to keep the pics down in size so people don't have to scroll sideways. 1028 x 768 is a good size as a guideline (in pixels for those that don't know).
mjbliemel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2004, 12:33 PM   #7
b0xt0La

Here is your pic
Old 01-13-2004, 02:57 PM   #8

Thanks Alienz, I took my pics with a $5 disposable camera, so they are of bad quality and pixelated. My dad just picked up a top shelf digital camera. I will borrow it from him and take some good pics this spring.
Old 01-13-2004, 03:51 PM   #9
b0xt0La

I had to resize it becuase it was HUGE ( 3+ megs). Maybe that's why the quality is very low.
Old 01-13-2004, 06:24 PM   #10

The huge size probably explains why it takes so long to email just one pic. That's why I only send one at a time.
Old 01-14-2004, 03:19 AM   #11

Talking

Adam, get that top shelf camera out now and take some pictures. We need a red Boxster on the site sometime. Get that baby outside and snap some shots, don't make us wait til Spring!

You should resize any photos to about 1024 X 768 pixels and then save in JPG format for the web. This will greatly compress the image and it will get sent much quicker in an email. There are several free programs for graphic conversion like that around. Not sure what they are for PCs, I have Macs. Anyway, that is what I would suggest.

Again, you should also be able to post a picture here yourself with no problem. It's a very simple thing to do. Just use the attach image function here and browse to the image on your PC. Piece of cake.
mjbliemel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2004, 06:01 PM   #12

I'll hook you guys up with some better pics in a few weeks. That pic really doesn't do the car justice at all. For now, I'll have too put up some crummy pics.
Old 01-15-2004, 01:47 PM   #13
b0xt0La

Old 01-15-2004, 02:11 PM   #14

Looks nice. Though Red was never my first choice for a sports car(too much attention for me) It does look nice on yours. Rims and tires look nice too.
Old 01-16-2004, 11:52 AM   #15

Thanks Miller. Yeah, If you don't like attention, I wouldn't reccamend my car. It gets alot of looks from the locals in my small town. Illinois is a 2 plate state, and now my temp plate is up. I put one plate on the back, but I'm going to leave the front one off and see if I can get away with it. I'm not crazy about front plates.

Last edited by Adam; 01-16-2004 at 11:56 AM.
Old 01-17-2004, 06:04 PM   #16

Car looks great, nice shine!! Do you have any interior shots??
ehljags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2004, 06:07 PM   #17

jfmillr, you got plates on the front? I still haven't put mine on. It seems such a shame to ruin the front lines.
Old 01-17-2004, 06:13 PM   #18

actually VA is a two plate state too, but I refuse to damage my $2500 bumper to put a plate on. I have only had my rear plate on for over a year. Knock , knock on wood I havent been pulled for it. A buddy of mine if a cop here in Alexandria(also owns a Porsche for when hes off duty ) he told me not to worry about it. Noone will ticket me for it because of how the car looks.
Old 01-17-2004, 06:37 PM   #19

Tom Trew the PCA president around here never has a plate on his front either. He told me that its the same way here. They know that the sports car guys never want to put the front plate on.

The only speeding ticket I've gotten in MD was from a laser though, and they hit me from the front. Who knows, I guess if they get me, they get me. Until then, that plate is staying with my spare tire.
Old 01-17-2004, 06:42 PM   #20

Yeah, I hear you guys. Usually the cops are pretty lenient about the front plate thing and let you off with a warning. I've been pulled over in my dads M-5 sans front plate and the cop let me off the hook. My dad also been pulled over at least once that I know of and it was no big deal I guess. Has anyone had to pay a license plate ticket? If so how much do they run approx? Ehljags, I will send alienz a shot of the interior soon and he'll post it for me. Thanks for the nice comments