Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Performance and Technical Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-08-2017, 08:48 PM   #1
R3v01u7i0n4ry

2000 boxster interior lighting issue

Earlier this year I became the proud owner of a 2000 boxster in immaculate condition wjen I stumbled upon it at a used car lot, tho as luck would have a few weeks ago it was broken into resulting in a stolen cd changer and a tear in the canopy right above the drivers side window allowing water to paddle in during hard rains. A few days later I started noticing some peculiar abnormalities in it. The interior lights( ceiling light and door side lights) mo longer go off after getting out of the car and I have to remove the fuse to keep them from staying on all night, whenever I turn the ignition off the horn will sometimes beep once, and until today I thought the key fob had become disjointed from the security but it does still unlock the trunk but whenever I try to lock the doors the horn only beeps once and no locking takes place. I have my thoughts on what might be going on but seeing as I've only had the car for a few months and know next to, nothing about Porsche's I was hoping you all, might be able to provide some guru-like wisdom. Thanks guys

jdstro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2017, 12:37 AM   #2

The central locking box is under the driver side seat, if it gets water in it all kinds of weird things go wrong. Search on here for something like 'clu water' and you'll get a bunch of threads to read up on.

Short version is don't turn the car on, remove the unit under the seat, dry it, carefully clean any corrosion, hope for no lasting damage. If that doesn't work, there's companies like ECUdoctors that will repair it for a fee.

oldskool73 is offline   Reply With Quote