Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Performance and Technical Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-17-2017, 12:38 PM   #1

Garage
Question Rear luggage insulation?

I recently inherited my wife's 99' Boxster, which sustained severe mouse damage in the rear luggage area. Removed approx. 20 lbs of dog food and a few dozen mice. Fun stuff! It all happened before we got married. Not sure why that is important, but not my fault is all I'm sayin...

I have cleared out the mice and their damage, but have a couple of issues I'm stuck on.

The main issue is; underneath the electronics is some sort of foam that is either a heat shield, noise/vibration dampener or both. See the pics...

For the life of me I can't find anything on what it is or what to replace it with. The mice seemed to enjoy chewing and urinating on it though... Any help on figuring this out would be awesome!

There are mice smells in the cab, but I have a handle on it. I also plan on removing as much as I can underneath car to see what other mischief the critters got up to. Putting the cab and under-carriage problems out there in case anyone has helpful hints they wish to offer.

You can see the wires are covered in nasty mice stuff. Just bought a roll of friction tape to replace it with.

Monster Poodle is offline   Reply With Quote