Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Performance and Technical Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-10-2017, 04:30 PM   #1

Question Tapping into auto dimming dome or door lights

Hi All,
New here. Have been searching the forum for a couple months while I do some updates to my new to me 987. The forum has been incredibly helpful to the projects I have completed so far. Seems like there are some really outstanding electrical resources here and was hoping to pick your brain a bit about something. I want to add a couple LED strips under the dash and would like them to come on and fade out with/like the dome lights. But i'm not all that skilled enough to attempt going all the way up to the dome itself for the tap in. I saw a post in one of my searches about potentially tapping a wire from the door near the fuse box instead. Brown w/ yellow for ground and red w/ black for constant 12v. But I think that was for the 986. Wasn't sure if anyone here would know if that is still the same for a 987? And if so, would that give me the on with door open and fade out with ignition? I have been looking over the wiring diagrams for the 987, but looks like the color may be different. But perhaps I am reading them wrong.

drewman75 is offline   Reply With Quote