Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Performance and Technical Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-15-2016, 10:13 AM   #1

Cruise won't set

So, I installed the CC hack from Pelican. Got the CC turned on by shop. Light comes on when the key is on. Light comes on when driving. When I pull the lever towards me (interupt?) the green dash light briefly goes out and comes back on when I release the lever. But, if I try to set the speed nothing happens. It is an 03 so the connections are all in the cluster. Can I have some connections ok and others not and still get the light? My next step is to check the 3 wires from the switch to the cluster...maybe I put the pins in incorrectly or missed the correct pins on the cluster plug? Any other thoughts?

Thanks
Bob

achillies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2016, 06:53 PM   #2
2003 S, Arctic Silver, M6

Garage
"When I pull the lever towards me (interupt?) the green dash light briefly goes out and comes back on when I release the lever. But, if I try to set the speed nothing happens."

Not quite sure what you mean by the above. To set your speed you 'push' the lever forward. Is this what is not working?
paulofto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2016, 06:59 PM   #3

Hi...pulling the lever forward is a interrupt of the cc according to the manual and pushing the lever forward sets the cc. It will not set the speed. I was also just saying that pulling the lever turns off the green light until I release it.

THanks
Old 09-15-2016, 07:09 PM   #4
2003 S, Arctic Silver, M6

Garage
My CC was a factory install and I've never had an issue. Since some of your functions appear to work and others don't it seems likely that an incorrect pin or bad connection could be the problem. Have you contacted Pelican to see if they have an answer, or gone thru the issue with the shop that turned it on?
paulofto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2016, 05:25 AM   #5

The shop just turned it on. I did the install so the pin confusion is my thought also...guess I take the cluster off again...thanks