Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Performance and Technical Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-05-2016, 12:51 PM   #1

turn signal switch?

I'm really enjoying my new (to me) '02 Boxster S. That is I'm enjoying it except for the part where I've driven a mile past the intersection before realizing that the self cancelling turn signal hasn't self cancelled. Is there a fix for this issue or does the whole darn combination switch need to be replaced?

Thanks in advance for your advice! - dj

A 986 S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2016, 01:04 PM   #2

Garage
It's probably the clock spring under the steering wheel. There are 4 plastic pins that break. You will need to pull the steering wheel and airbag to check. Disconnect the battery before removing the airbag. Do a search of this forum and you will find info on how to do each of these tasks. Then Woody our resident used parts man can probably hook you up on a good used one. Even after all that I usually have to look at my blinker lights as I have occasionally left them blinking.....

Oh lest I forget....Congrats on pics in first post of your great looking Box!

Last edited by 911monty; 08-05-2016 at 01:06 PM.
911monty is offline   Reply With Quote