Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Performance and Technical Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-19-2016, 10:58 AM   #21

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by thstone View Post
For completeness, early (97-99) Boxster's only have a single cat that is installed down stream of the exhaust header and before the muffler (not integrated with the exhaust header).

Deleting the single cat on an early Boxster will result in emissions test failures every time.

Get the TopSpeed or eBay muffler. They are durable, sound great, and are an excellent deal compared to much higher priced alternatives.
+1 ^^^^ Contact Che at top speed, he usually gives a 986 Forum discount. Get the cat delete pipes also and the EZ seal clamps and you will have a great exhaust with little to no drone. I honestly don't have any with mine.

http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-parts-sale-wanted/33171-f-s-che-boxster-boxster-s-exhaust-$275-shipped-48-states.html

iPad Mini Dash Install
DEPO Tail Lights
BruceH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2016, 12:20 PM   #22

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruceH View Post
+1 ^^^^ Contact Che at top speed, he usually gives a 986 Forum discount. Get the cat delete pipes also and the EZ seal clamps and you will have a great exhaust with little to no drone. I honestly don't have any with mine.

http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-parts-sale-wanted/33171-f-s-che-boxster-boxster-s-exhaust-$275-shipped-48-states.html
+1 concerning Che. I've done business with him in the past, and he is great to work with.
Old 03-19-2016, 03:50 PM   #23

Ask your local indie to keep a lookout for a good one he is taking out as his customer converts to the boy racer sounds.

mikefocke is offline   Reply With Quote