Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Performance and Technical Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-12-2015, 12:23 AM   #1

Central Locking Problem!

Morning from Scotland!

Slight (hopefully!) problem with key & central locking:

As of yesterday the remote does not lock/Unlock the car this includes the petrol cover and doors.
I have had a look on the forum for some help -so far:

Changed key batteries - no change!

I have tried the unlock/lock 3 times in the door lock while holding the remote button - no change!

Checked that arm rest oddments box was closed - No change!

Put key in ignition turning to right while pressing remote button - no change!

Checked radio cover closed - no change!

The car locks/unlocks with the dash button and when opening door handle (outside & inside) windows open slightly as they should.

When in car there is one 'beep'after about 30 secs and two 'beeps' after I lock the car with key (it did this when the remote was working too!)

I have not checked the fuse box yet or disconnected the battery?

The key has never been able to remotely open the boot or bonnet (hood!) lids either?

will take it to my indie to check fault codes if I don't have any luck!

All help welcome

Ta

Geachie

Geachie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2015, 12:58 AM   #2

Garage
Morning Geachie,

I have two remote keys and one of mine performs the same as yours, I keep it as a spare. There will be some people along soon who will add volume to this thread but from my research previously with respect to my duff key I think your problem may well be with a failure of the circuit board on your key.

If your indie has the Durametrics cable and software, they should be able to query the alarm system to see if there are any microswitch failures and determine which one, if any.

I have a microswitch issue that means I can only lock the car with the remote and only if I press the lock key on the key twice in quick succession, which disables the infra red microswitch in the passenger cabin, and the car responds with one beep on the alarm. two beeps indicates a locking failure and the car is promptly unlocked. I suspect I have a problem with the infrared microswitch in the passenger cabin.

I can live with my alarm as it is until I visit the US later this year and pick up the Durametrics software for $300 rather than paying the UK rights holder £300 + VAT over here....

Stevetwood is offline   Reply With Quote