Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Performance and Technical Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-21-2012, 10:41 AM   #1

boxster window problem

Hi guys, i'm Yorgos new member from Cyprus .I have problem with window on my boxster. i can't open/close full the window.. this problem happens to me for the second time, but be fine alone before .. can it be shifted? some ideas? thanks and sorry for my english (-:
video: boxster window problem - YouTube

Yorgos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 05:40 PM   #2

Hi! welcome!!

Cool to hear from people from afar!!

Let me ask a question:

Does the window go up/down when you goto open the door? it should go down when you pull on the handle.

I'm betting this is a window regulator issue (common) but it could be the door latch micro switch.

B
We have worked with amateur and professional drivers for over 26 years. In house machinist, In house fabrication. Our cars, our parts, our engines, our transmission's run nationwide at events every weekend. We work side by side with industry names developing parts.
Brad Roberts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 06:32 AM   #3

Easy fix...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yorgos View Post
Hi guys, i'm Yorgos new member from Cyprus .I have problem with window on my boxster. i can't open/close full the window.. this problem happens to me for the second time, but be fine alone before .. can it be shifted? some ideas? thanks and sorry for my english (-:
video: boxster window problem - YouTube
Yorgos, the problem is in the soft top's latch microswitch.
Open the main top latch but leave the top closed.
With your finger press into the hole where the latch's hook goes into.
You'll hear two faint clicks from microswitches.
With the finger pressing these microswitches, operate your window.
It should go up all the way and when you release the pressure from your finger they will go back down a few centimeters.
If that's the case you need to adjust the travel of the microswitch.
Most of the time if you glue a piece of rubber (such as from an inner tube) 0.5 - 1.0 mm thick right on the tab where the latch's hook presses into that will be enough to engage the microswitch.
Happy Boxstering,
Pedro
Old 04-03-2012, 05:33 PM   #4

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad Roberts View Post
Hi! welcome!!

Cool to hear from people from afar!!

Let me ask a question:

Does the window go up/down when you goto open the door? it should go down when you pull on the handle.

I'm betting this is a window regulator issue (common) but it could be the door latch micro switch.

B
Brad, I'm having trouble with my driver side window since buying the car. It drops when I open the door from inside or out but at soon as the door handle is released, it goes right back up so when I shut the door it will hit the top. On the passenger side, the window drop remains in place until the door is closed. I've read several threads and am not sure that this is just an adjustment needed or if it's a microswitch within the door lock mechanism. Any advice appreciated!
crogers106 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 04:59 PM   #5

I had problem with the passenger side mechanism few years back.
my 2001 car would turn the LED on the lock rocker switch on and off.

what i found was that the solder joints between the main connector and the green printed wiring board had bad solder. Reflowed the solder and the problem went away.

I believe the blue/red wire pair connects to the "door is open" switch within the door mechanism. and if this switch is (or the electrical connection) is stuck on the "door closed" state, the window will go up as soon as you let the door handle go.

I think Pelican Parts or another forum has additional detail to check this out.
google door lock mechanism.
good luck
sb01box is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 12:18 PM   #6

Garage
Thanks for the information sb01box!
crogers106 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 06:51 AM   #7

Thanks!!
Yorgos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2014, 11:15 AM   #8

I am having trouble with my drivers side window (2006 Boxster). I recently had a dead battery and after recharge I noticed the window would drop when the door was opened but not go back up when the door was closed and also now I have to hold the switch to put the window up (but not to put it down). The other window works normally.

coveylane is offline   Reply With Quote