Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Performance and Technical Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-04-2014, 01:06 PM   #1

Fuel door not locking when I activate alarm

Hi All,

The past couple days I have noticed an extra noise when I hit my key fob to activate the alarm and lock the doors. I investigated and found the fuel door is failing to lock when the doors lock now. Any idea what I can do or what happened? The long piece that supposed to come out to connect with the door is working but I don't know what is happening. Any ideas? Thanks

*update- when I first started this thread I didn't know what the strange noise was and I had searched for a solution to no avail so I started this thread. I should have looked again once I figured it out that it was the fuel door. I have found a couple ideas but I can't figure out how to delete this thread so sorry for the inconvenience!

Last edited by CrystalG; 09-04-2014 at 01:16 PM. Reason: *Update
CrystalG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 02:15 PM   #2

Garage
That's OK, thank you for searching & updating your 1st post! You are well above average thus far. There are very few Boxster issues that have not been covered on the forum before, search is everyone's friend.