Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Performance and Technical Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-05-2006, 05:46 PM   #1

Sitting in garage just staring????

I don't know. There are times I just sit in my foldup chair in the garage (and I have to heat my garage right now to do this) but I just stare at the front of my car sipping a cold one. I'm not sure what I'm looking for but that may just be one of those things we all do...right?...right?... Somebody better at this forum thing could probably do a poll on this - How many hours a week do you just stare at your car instead of drive it?....I'll admit to at least 2 hours a week or 4 beers...I'm a slow drinker

2003 MBenz ML350 SUV
Hoosier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2006, 06:42 PM   #2

LOL...I've had the car in storage for the last 4 mo. I'lll lift up the cover and check it out every couple mo but you my friend....lol....I don't know. On a side note the car is coming out next weekend!! I can't wait. Ready to do the 15k maintence...brake flush, filter changes, oil change. hose inspection...the whole bit.

Last edited by Adam; 03-06-2006 at 05:57 AM.
Adam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2006, 06:43 PM   #3

Ditto for me

I have a finished garage with a Jonney Rocket table and chairs in it. I like sitting at the table, sippimg a cool one, listening to the stereo and looking at Porsche's

2000 2.7 Lapis Blue Boxster, Sports Pkg, Lit, Tip, Exhaust, De amber'fied
1983 911 SC Coupe 3.0 Gaurds Red (restoration, in pieces)
199? 993 Coupe Gaurds Red (lurking for....)
rbennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2006, 06:57 PM   #4

Send a message via AIM to blinkwatt
When I first bought my car on October 20th of 05', I almost was one with the car. I was either thinking of it none stop at work and college,driving it,or looking up info on it. I did stare at for awhile in my garage for a week or so,I even did my hair in my hood after I detailed it. But now it hasnt exactly been drop top weather for 4 or 5 months now and the car has lost 35.5% of its fun factor because of the rain and really cold weather(no drop top,drive slower,etc.) because of this I do not "eeewwww and awwwww" it in my garage. But the temperature is slowly rising and the drop top weather season will creep up on us shortly. Repost this thread in 4 months when the drop top weather is at its best.
Old 03-05-2006, 07:40 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoosier
I don't know. There are times I just sit in my foldup chair in the garage (and I have to heat my garage right now to do this) but I just stare at the front of my car sipping a cold one. I'm not sure what I'm looking for but that may just be one of those things we all do...right?...right?... Somebody better at this forum thing could probably do a poll on this - How many hours a week do you just stare at your car instead of drive it?....I'll admit to at least 2 hours a week or 4 beers...I'm a slow drinker
No, I think you're the only one who does this. Now, if you don't mind I have to go out to the garage for, umm, some tools. Yeah... Tools.

'06 Cayenne Turbo S, Beige Metallic/Tan

Ex - '99 Arctic Silver, Red Interior, Silver Top
denverpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2006, 10:29 PM   #6

Can't tell you how many times I make an extra trip through the computer room to open the door to the garage and just look at the car. Then, I go out, walk around it and start thinking (much to my wife's dismay) about all the little things that I could start changing to customize it (lowering springs, caliper paint, exhaust tips, etc, etc etc...)

My car was a graduating med school gift from my wife (she's still a lil miffed that I finnagled to get it a few months early ) and I'm still just blown away that I was able to get a brand new one - I was all wound up originally about buying a used one!!!!

Living in soCal and currently having a 40 mile one way commute to the children's hospital I'm rotating at, I struggle with the desire to drive the car and the contempt to sit in crap traffic and put the extra miles on it. Most of the time, I ride the train and find myself daydreaming that I was driving the car - it's a wicked wicked addiction - but my wife will quickly admit that she'd rather I be addicted to Porsche and not some blonde RN at the hospital
Japanese Rising Sun roof graphic
De-ambered and nearly de-chromed!

Sold - 05 BMW 330CI ZHP M-tuned
Imola Red, 6spd, Alcantra & Carbon Fiber Interior

Sold - 05 Boxster Black/Black 5spd
19" Carrera S Wheels
Bose Audio System/Sport Chrono Pkg
Schnell Short Shifter
Yellow Calipers c/ carbon fiber Porsche lettering
De-Ambered

Sold - 03 VW Beetle Silver - way too modified!
mach schnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2006, 07:13 AM   #7

I attempted to get into my car and drive it three times this weekend but had to just admire it by standing there and staring at it.

1st Time: Too weak to drive any car anywhere. I was sick with a headcold.
2nd Time: Impending rain storm. Tire tread too thin to drive in rain. But I was feeling better.
3rd Time: Wife said it would rain if we took the box, but it didn't.

I still look at my car and admire it. To this day I am amazed I actually own a Porsche.
RandallNeighbour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2006, 07:58 AM   #8

Over the Winter I have it under a cover and when we got a warm day I took the cover off and took it around the block. When I took the cover off I couldn't help but to just stare in amazment at the beauty of the thing. Especially because it was still nice and clean while all of our other cars were covered in road salt. I just wanted to give it a hug.
But what is so important about driving faster than anyone else?
Lots of people go through life doing things badly. Racing's important to men who do it well.
When you're racing, it's life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting.
Porschekid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2006, 06:47 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoosier
I don't know. There are times I just sit in my foldup chair in the garage but I just stare at the front of my car sipping a cold one.
That is awesome! Sadly, I've been there (though ice water is the beverage of choice for me). And I think the front angle is the best! Does that make us pathetic, or just mean we have lots of extra time?
2000 Porsche Boxster | SOLD | http://www.986forum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9114

http://www.kryzak.com/storage/986sig12.jpg

http://kryzak.tumblr.com
Jeph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2006, 06:47 PM   #10

Whew! There is comfort in numbers. And you are the ones who will admit to it. What a great variety of owners! You gotta love the pride! Thanks guys/gals...guls. We are one! There are more of you out there so let me encourage you to free yourself of the denial. Rejoice! and post...but please- no one should break out into the chorus of the Age of Aquarius!...

2003 MBenz ML350 SUV
Hoosier is offline   Reply With Quote