Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Performance and Technical Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-16-2013, 12:12 PM   #1

Ignition missing 986 2,5

Hi, first i'd like to say sorry for my English but i am Polish and now i write from Europe. I have Baxter 1997 2,5 and at the morning when engine is cold i have problem with engine. I hear many explosions in exhaust when I push accelerator and the car wont go. I must take 3000 rpm and then he is going quite good. I was searching for any troubleshooting but there is ok. But when the engine is 60 Celsius degrees warm MAF is taken 6 g/s oxygen and timing ignition is 5 degrees. Any idea?

Jarzembek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 02:49 AM   #2

Garage
My box was doing that. Try air oil separator. If you search it on the forums you'll find a lot of the symptoms and mine was backfiring (or exploding lol) out the side intakes. Also had a lot of white smoke at startup that went away once warm. Always be sure to thoroughly warm her up before gunning it. I plan a good 10 extra minutes before I go anywhere. Better safe than sorry
jdraupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 06:34 AM   #3

Well, thanks i have big experience but with BMW but this is my first Porsche and i need time to learn more about my new car. I was checked and i don't have any of symptoms of bad oil/air separator, there is no bigger vacum, no smoking. Now I have new MAF ( bosch ) and there is little beter, now i cant pusch on the full the pedal of accelerating becouse the engine then will lost power, if i reduce pusching on the pedal of accelerating, he is accelerated better. I have zero of mistakes. I dont really know what else i schould check. Sonda lambda 1-3 and 4-6 are working ok,

Jarzembek is offline   Reply With Quote