Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Performance and Technical Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-19-2013, 07:21 PM   #1

Garage
online parts stores?

I just bought a '98 Boxster. I need to buy some parts and need recommendations. Does anyone have any suggestions? Is Penguin reliable?

onkauai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 09:17 AM   #2

Very.

I have bought a complete brake kit (they're great for that kind of packaging), and tons of sundry parts from them. Not THE cheapest, but handy, reliable, and quick. Also, Wayne Dempsey (CEO) is the author of the invaluable "101 projects for The Boxster", a must have.

For OEM parts Sunset Porsche in Oregon is cheap and good (I got my ROW M030 kit from them), and Suncoast in Fl is a favorite here. Also Vertex in Fl.
navair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 09:36 AM   #3

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by navair View Post
Very.

I have bought a complete brake kit (they're great for that kind of packaging), and tons of sundry parts from them. Not THE cheapest, but handy, reliable, and quick. Also, Wayne Dempsey (CEO) is the author of the invaluable "101 projects for The Boxster", a must have.

For OEM parts Sunset Porsche in Oregon is cheap and good (I got my ROW M030 kit from them), and Suncoast in Fl is a favorite here. Also Vertex in Fl.

Suncoast Porsche in FL has mistakes on there website which they refuse to acknowledge or correct or accept returns for parts that will not fit as the website says.
Anyone want to buy a $70 set of 6 leds for interior lighting ? It will not fit 2000 but I suspect it fits 2003 & newer since it comes with a led bulb for a glovebox??
BYprodriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 09:48 AM   #4

I assume you mean Pelican and not Penguin? Yes, they are a good supplier. If you want original Porsche factory parts, Suncaost in Florida is also an excellent choice.

Brad
southernstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 10:46 AM   #5

You mean Suncoast? (sorry Brad, couldn't resist! )
Old 10-21-2013, 10:52 AM   #6

Can you suggest european ones? I found a couple in the UK (like design911), but I didn't find any in Germany (or any other european countries, for that matter)
urban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 11:22 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by urban View Post
Can you suggest european ones? I found a couple in the UK (like design911), but I didn't find any in Germany (or any other european countries, for that matter)
Carnewal in Belgium: Carnewal.com
Old 10-21-2013, 09:04 PM   #8

Garage
Summary of parts companies

Sorry. i meant Pelican. I knew it was a bird of some kind. So what I'm hearing is the following:

Pelican,
Pelican Parts.com - Parts, Accessories and Technical Information for all models of Porsche.

Suncoast,
Porsche Parts & Porsche Accessories - Wholesale Porsche Parts & Tequipment: Porsche

Sunset Porsche in Oregon,
Sunset Imports | Porsche and Audi Dealerships in Portland Oregon Oregon's Porsche and Audi Dealership | Sunset Imports

Vertex in Florida.
Porsche Parts & Accessories at the Best Prices - OEM Aftermarket Auto 911 944 928 993 996 997 Cayman Boxster Cayenne Online Catalog

I've also found the following:

Gaudin Porsche parts,
http://www.gaudinporscheparts.com/partlocator/index.cfm?siteid=215796

ECS Tuning:
OEM / Performance Parts for Audi, BMW, Mercedes Benz, Mini, Porsche & Volkswagen - ECS Tuning

The only company I've had any experience with was ECS tuning and they were pretty good (for my Audi TT).

Thanks everyone for the tips!
onkauai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 02:52 AM   #9
edc
550 Anniversary

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by urban View Post
This recent thread might help
http://986forum.com/forums/general-discussions/48303-who-best-porsche-parts-dealer-europe.html

Sold: 986S - Zenith Blue - 18" Sport Classics - Black Zunsport grilles - Stainless silencer and manifolds - K&N panel - shortshift - M030 suspension - 75mm throttle body - custom 83mm intake - SmartTop - custom remap - MDS underdrive pulley
edc is offline   Reply With Quote