Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Performance and Technical Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-06-2013, 01:14 PM   #1

Airbag Light- Retention Frame Replacement

I just received and installed a new airbag retention frame from Pelican. Previously I tried to fix my old one by injecting silicone into the bushings and apparently this type of silicone did not mix well with the rubber and actually destroyed them. This happened right before I had to get ready for work so I was forced to drive to work without the airbag installed. I did disconnect the battery while working on it but obviously when I started the car to drive to work and while waiting for the replacement the airbag light was on.

I read that I will need to have it reset by someone with the proper code reading tool like a Durametric. Does anyone around the Orlando, FL area have one or know of a shop that will reset the light without ripping me off for a few minutes of work?

Also, I read of many people complaining about the horns going off over bumps and when braking etc. But mine was just extremely sensitive and would honk whenever i pulled on the steering wheel with it turned. Created a few awkward situations...especially with the Hella Supertone horns I installed.

BrandonJames89 is offline   Reply With Quote