Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Performance and Technical Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-15-2013, 12:17 PM   #21

Weird! I think you have front and rear backwards (orange and yellow base is front, red-red base is rear).
Is that a base Boxster? Tip?

Porsche Boxster Suspension - Page 3

navair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 01:50 PM   #22

I've just installed the ROW 030 but can't help because I ordered the Tip even though I have 6 speed because it saved me $250 and I got stiffer RR springs which would make the car be more neutral. What I got was a car that's far stiffer to the point that it doesn't feel like a luxury car anymore but slammed road/race thing that I would have thought was fine when in my 20's or 30's. The springs that came out of my car were red/red and the front were white/yellow. It came from the factory with M030 but someone must have switched them. The car rode nice and handled bumps while driving aggressively, much better. It had more RR roll than I wanted and now I'm thinking that the old springs with bigger bars may be the ticket for me. I can't say how it 'handles' yet as it took me until yesterday to get it aligned and I didn't push it prior.
Old 08-20-2013, 06:49 PM   #23

got the car back from local indy.
the best that I can see,
the height to the fender wheel well using a yardstick plumbed through the middle of the wheel crest is 26.25 inches and 26.5+ inches front and back respectively. about 1/4 of an inch drop all the way around.
they installed the thicker of the two rubber seats for the springs at both front and back.
definitely less roll.
sb01box is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 11:14 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by sb01box View Post
got the car back from local indy.
the best that I can see,
the height to the fender wheel well using a yardstick plumbed through the middle of the wheel crest is 26.25 inches and 26.5+ inches front and back respectively. about 1/4 of an inch drop all the way around.
they installed the thicker of the two rubber seats for the springs at both front and back.
definitely less roll.

For future reference to all, I finally dug this up somewhere in the bowels of Rennlist:
"THE ISSUE IS FINALLY SOLVED!!! I am so happy. After trying everyone from forum experts, to dealers, to Porsche corporate, I finally found someone that could confirm the color changes on the RoW M030 tolerance code. A very helpful expert informed me that in 2002, they changed the tolerance group colors to Blue (for the old green) and Orange (for the old white). My understanding is that the model ID color codes stayed the same. I can finally put this thing to rest! Thanks for all the thoughts and inputs guys!"
navair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 07:47 AM   #25

update - shocks were in need of replacement. nice and tight.
A little stiff and can feel every bump in the road.
bottom line,
I don't know what component(s) contribute to what, but with the new shocks, shorter springs and swaybars, the car feels great.

sb01box is offline   Reply With Quote