Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Performance and Technical Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-24-2013, 09:13 AM   #1

Anyone know what this tube is?

Can anyone tell me what this tube is for exiting above the rear bumper. Looks to me like a breather tube for something.

I'm installing an Accusump in my track car and would like the oil hoses to exit the trunk right where this tube runs and want to know if I can chop it, reroute it, or have to rethink my plans for the Accusump.

gavinyuill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 09:28 AM   #2

I'm pretty sure it's a breather tube for the evap control system. Goes to carbon canister in right front wheel well.
spendy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 10:20 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by spendy View Post
I'm pretty sure it's a breather tube for the evap control system. Goes to carbon canister in right front wheel well.
Spot on - thank you. I'm going to chop it short and have it vent out to the rear wheel well until I remove the whole system over the winter.
gavinyuill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 11:30 AM   #4

um.. leave it in place. Switch the tank breather to this line up in the right front fender. If you cut it back /remove it, you end up with gas smell in the cabin.

I flip it up front to let the tank breath behind the car.

and.. I promise I'm the king of Boxster weight savings. This one is not worth the potential issue down the road.

Brad << built a 1980lb Boxster with ABS and stock injection

We have worked with amateur and professional drivers for over 26 years. In house machinist, In house fabrication. Our cars, our parts, our engines, our transmission's run nationwide at events every weekend. We work side by side with industry names developing parts.
Brad Roberts is offline   Reply With Quote