Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Performance and Technical Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-22-2013, 07:25 AM   #1

Garage
03 Boxster Fabspeed Exhaust Install

I just received a new Fabspeed Maxflo exhaust to install on my 2003 Boxster base. In all of the installation instructions, from both Wayne at Pelican and the ones from Plant 9 on the Fabspeed web site, they show lower brackets and other parts at the bottom of the mufflers. But the new exhaust system didn't include those parts. The new exhaust only includes the top box brackets. I'm wondering if Fabspeed has eliminated those parts or if they just didn't ship them?

If anyone else knows anything about this I would really appreciate a reply.

Renorush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 08:20 PM   #2

Garage
I have fabspeed race exhaust and I don't think there were any brackets on the bottom, only the mounts on the top which I bolted that long piece too that bolts to the transaxle
aclark133 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 04:09 PM   #3

Garage
Thanks very much for the reply. I just installed the exhaust today and the absence of lower brackets doesn't seem to matter. It is very solidly mounted with just the top mounts. The only issue I had was the heat shielding on both sides was very close, so I had to cut away a little of the plastic at the bottom of the fender well piece so I could bend the heat shield away.

The sound is fantastic and it feels like it has a little extra HP around 3,000 to 4,000 rpm. The dual tips look great also compared to the original oval tip.

Very satisfied with the quality of the Fabspeed exhaust.

Renorush is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
exhaust , fabspeed , installation