Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Performance and Technical Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-03-2013, 06:40 PM   #1

Need Hydrolic Clutch Connections Advise

I am replacing all my clutch lines (4) on my 98 Boxster and I am not convinced that just snapping them together will hold a pressure seal. Am I missing o rings? I checked my manual, the forums and my Porsche dealer but got no explianation ?!

Leebherron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 05:28 AM   #2

I had to replace a clutch line a few years back, and I remember thinking the same thing but they do in fact seal up just fine.

The section that goes through the front wheel well will take a bit of fiddling to get it in place. Take lots of pics before you start so you can refer back to them if you get confused during the re=assembly.

Why are you replacing them, and why all four? Are they damaged or leaking? I had to replace mine because a chip of granite got wedged between the line and the body and gradually sawed its way through the line, resulting in the one and only time that I had to get my car flat-decked home.
Old 06-06-2013, 06:20 PM   #3

Clutch Calamaty

Thanks for the reply Mark. The previous owner must have gone "off road" and pinched and tweeked all the lines ! Lee

Leebherron is offline   Reply With Quote