Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Performance and Technical Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-01-2013, 10:56 AM   #1

Garage
2001 Boxster s PSM mystery

Hello everybody,

A little over 6 months ago, I became a proud Boxster owner. The car I bought is a bit of a project but I am finding it a joy to work on on and have big plans including a turbo kit.

I am running into a problem finding the routing of brake lines from the PSM precharge pump to the ABS module. The car I purchased was sentenced to death as someones parts car and the entire PSM system is missing from under the hood.

Would anybody here be so kind as to post a couple of pictures of their PSM set up, a picture will all of the covers on and another with the covers removed showing the routing of the lines and mounting location of pre-charge pump?

Thank you in advance for your help, this is a great board and I am sure it will help me through resurrecting one of these beautiful little cars.

986piper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 01:13 PM   #2
Autobahn Glanz

Garage
Welcome to the forum. Nice to have you. This link might provide the diagrams you need. I have the pdf on my PC for quicker access:

http://www.porsche.com/all/media/pdf/originalparts/usa/986_USA_KATALOG.pdf
WhipE350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 08:13 AM   #3

Garage
Thanks Whip, I actually have that parts catalog already its a big help in figuring out what parts are required, however, I really need to see how this system looks in the actual car, including clips, brake line routing etc.
Old 02-23-2013, 07:27 AM   #4

Garage
Still need help with this

I just thought I would bump this to the top as I am growing a bit desperate to find this info. Please let me know if you can help. I am looking for an actual photo of the PSM precharge pump, abs pump, and the routing of the brake lines between the two.

Thanks for your help.

Piper
Old 02-23-2013, 07:33 AM   #5

Garage
I purposely looked for a Boxster without PSM because I enjoy sliding a bit. Maybe it would be cheaper & easier to bypass the PSM.
BYprodriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 07:41 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by BYprodriver View Post
I purposely looked for a Boxster without PSM because I enjoy sliding a bit. Maybe it would be cheaper & easier to bypass the PSM.
May not be an option if the car is going on the street; the DME still thinks there is a PSM, but it is not working, so you are going to get codes. Most inspections require all saftey gear to be fucntional to pass, so it could be a problem......
Old 02-23-2013, 12:56 PM   #7

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by BYprodriver View Post
Believe me, I have thought about this (it would be much easier)....I would like to put it back in though, I can always disable it temporarily if a little tire spinning fun is required.
Old 02-23-2013, 01:23 PM   #8

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 986piper View Post
Believe me, I have thought about this (it would be much easier)....I would like to put it back in though, I can always disable it temporarily if a little tire spinning fun is required.
Even if you turn PSM off stepping on the brake pedal turns it back on.

CA does not have any equipment inspections except for smog checks.

BYprodriver is offline   Reply With Quote